View Full Version : What's the effective dose for ADHD?

425runner
01-20-12, 03:38 PM
I would like to know if taking 300 mg of the XL version would make a difference. Has anyone had any good results with just taking Wellbutrin?

It freaking gives me anxiety but works great for depression though. :umm1:

Darken
02-04-12, 12:16 PM
There is the danger of Wellbutrin....if you suffer from anxiety its a tough med to deal with. If you don't it can be a real winner for both ADD and depression.

300 XL is a good therapeutic dose and most people respond well to it...just keep in mind that it's not going to be as strong as a stimulant...but then again many people do not need something that strong. I went as high as the max dose of 450 on XL...but never gave it enough of a chance to see if it may work better for my add.

known_guy
02-04-12, 02:20 PM
I like Wellbutrin. I was taking 450mg of Wellbutrin XL previously and thought that fit well with helping my depression as well as ADHD (albeit minimally). 300mg XL is... so-so; what Darken said is correct - it doesn't pair well with someone who suffers from anxiety. Least not for a good percentage of anxiety-ridden folks. Unfortunately for me, any ADHD help I was getting from Wellbutrin XL at 450mg diminished when I dropped to 300mg.

Darken
02-04-12, 05:31 PM
I'm glad you posted this as I was always curious if the 450 may have been more of a help....the problem with me was cost...I was on the brand and paying for both the 300 and 150 was cost prohibitive.