View Full Version : Waking up after 3-4 hours of sleep with adderall XR

lolerary
01-24-12, 12:26 AM
It used to be that I couldn't fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning with adderall XR, and I would only get about 3-4 hours of sleep before I had to wake up again.

Now I can fall asleep between 9-11, and I wake up sometime between midnight - 2 AM like clockwork. I can never fall asleep again, even if I only got three hours of sleep the night before.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that you have done that has helped you sleep through the night, besides sleeping pills? I like melatonin but can't get it here.

sarahsweets
01-24-12, 07:24 AM
I have experienced early wakening for years. The only solution I found was sonata. Its in the same class as ambien however it only lasts about 2you hours so you can take it in the middle of the night and still wake uo the next day. Perhaps the adderall should be adjusted because sometimes just having a calmer mind due to symptom control can cut down on the night wakening.

messironaldo
01-24-12, 05:25 PM
i use to experience early waking with xr as well, i would fall asleep at around 12 and wake up at 4 or 5 but eventually it went away after a few weeks. i still have trouble falling back asleep if i am woken up early despite being really tired and drowsy. i've changed to IR(due to high cost of xr) as of today.