View Full Version : Anixety!!! How to deal???

Tristen7677
01-27-12, 05:31 AM
So I just got my perscription back but I have pretty intense anxiety/paranoia and sleep problems since I started back on my adderall I was thinking about asking my psych about a benzo with my adderall has anyone had this combo of meds kind of an upper and downer. If so how was your experience with this combo and was your doc hesitated to prescribed this combo?

-Nick-
01-27-12, 06:51 AM
I think anxiety with stimulants is fairly common. But, in the UK at least, GPs are very slow to prescribe benzodiazepines.

What about an NRI like atomoxetine?

-Nick-
01-27-12, 06:53 AM
Instead of the Adderall, I mean.

Tristen7677
01-27-12, 10:49 AM
I already got prescribed that before adderall plus about 5 antidepressesnt before that adderall is the only medication that helps with what I need wjich is hyper activity and Inattentiveness I have tried Ritalin and concerta and that made my anxiety/paranoia sky rocket

cameron90
01-28-12, 05:33 PM
I have taken clonazepam for 7+ years now and it's still something that I take every day, along with a stimulant medication now. I have found that I actually have to take less now that I'm on the stimulant med, maybe because of less anxiety due to alleviation of ADHD symtoms. I've had several pdocs and not one has had any problem with prescribing these medications together.

Overall, for me, I find it to be not problematic to take a benzo with my dextroamphetamine. I don't think it's very uncommon either for the two to be prescribed together. Another option would be a beta-blocker, which I see also quite often used for this kind of thing. I would bring it up with the doctor, definitely.

hollywood
02-07-12, 10:02 AM
I was thinking about tenex or something like that , but honestly I don't want to fool with a blood pressure med like that . It makes me feel strange. I don't really get that with beta blockers. Does propranolol have any other qualities aside from the physical anxiety blocker that helps soothe adhd symptoms? I know clonidine and tenex are calming, a bit sedating . I was wondering if propranolol is calming-