View Full Version : Timing medication doses - Adderall/Prozac

gettingitright
01-28-12, 12:34 AM
I've been on several different medications over the years and recently - a few months ago - I began taking adderall for ADD. I tried taking just adderall however I still felt depressed at times, especially when the adderall was no longer in my system and overall I still had the underlying anxiety and sadness. I had taken prozac in the past with great results so my doctor and I added it back in, at a low dose. Right now I take 10mg of Adderall 2x a day, 10mg of Prozac 1x a day and Klonipin (Klonipin by the way on its own or with Prozac was a great combination - I was relaxed and content - but Klonipin only lasts so long which is why I decided to treat the ADD, a diagnosis that went untreated for a long time. I hoped this could be the answer.

I have been taking my first dose of Adderall in the morning with the 10mg of Prozac and 3-4 hours later I take my second 10mg dose of Adderall (I had horrible night sweats with prozac in the past when I took it before bed and so far no night sweats taking it in the morning.)

The Klonipin has almost been completely ineffective. It no longer has the same effect it had for me when I took it with any other medication.

My question is, does anyone have advice on how to better time/spread out my doses? Which medications should I take alone and should I allow a certain amount of time to pass before taking another medication. Whatever I am doing now isn't terrible (better than I would be without the medication) but it isn't great either. I don't feel like myself... Any different methods others have tired in timing doses throughout the day with the results would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

cameron90
01-28-12, 01:35 PM
I was on the exact same thing wrt the clonazepam and prozac, but I was started on dextroamphetamine rather than adderall. I have since tapered off of the prozac and to some extent, the clonazepam.

I found that taking prozac in the morning (20mg and then 10mg for a while) worked the best for me. I would take the clonazepam usually on PRN basis along with the dexedrine but eventually realized that I really didn't need the clonazepam as much as I did before (up to 2-3mg per day). Now I'm taking the clonazepam around bedtime. My dexedrine dosing is in the morning, noon, and around dinner time, spaced about 4 hours apart.

What are your diagnoses?