View Full Version : Balanced diet.

GeordieDave
01-29-12, 07:47 AM
Someone said this in another thread

"It's important to eat a balanced diet when you have ADHD, otherwise it can make things a whole lot worse."

That really made me think about the way I eat. To be honest my diet is terrible! Luckily for me I have a fast mechanism. I am 22 years old, I weight 12 stone (168 pounds) and I am 6"2 (187 cm).

I do sometimes eat healthy, whenever my mum makes food. But a lot of time I eat fast foods, Chinese, Mc Donald's, KFC etc... I don't drink as much as I used to, I only drink maybe 2 Saturdays a month. I do smoke, however I have cut down a lot, I try and only smoke at weekends, but if I'm bored or stressed I have a cigarette to relax me.

So back to the point really. What sort of things should I not eat or drink? What is a balanced diet for with with ADD.

I understand that it's pretty much common sense and straight forward "Don't eat junk" So I have kind of answered my question myself lol. But I'd like a bit more of info and advice. Thanks.

tudorose
01-29-12, 08:41 AM
I'm really struggling with this. Been researching it all day actually. For me I need to follow an eating plan with a low glycemic index. I just worked out after all these years that I can't eat dairy which is tough and I feel better when I don't eat wheat. My advice would be to eat whole grains, lean protein and lots of fruit and veg.