View Full Version : Need some advice

snappersnacks
02-06-12, 05:59 PM
Hi All,

Im 36 and I've been having issue's since I can remember. Early in my childhood it was hard for me to pay attention because I talked all the time and could never be still. There were also times where I felt anxious around my peers and friends in general. Then there were times where I would think of the most off the wall things and then a million more ideas would follow.

In my twenties I was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. The docs had me on depakote, trileptal, klonopin, seroquel. Man I was a mess and no wonder they thought I had multiple personalities. After two years of this I winged myself off with a Docs help. Then I started using cannabis and that did wonders, but it is illegal and I don't want the risk. So I've been using super high amounts of caffine for focus and go power. Unfortunately Doc says I have to stop because of my ulcers.

I feel that my mind is going a 1000 miles per hour in the morning and I get frustrated at work quite often. There are times when I'm driving and didn't realize I've already driven that far. I usually get frustrated when I have to multitask, or attend a meeting. I get so bored at meetings and thats when my brillant mind starts roaming again and I also doodle alot during this time.

Other meds I had taken in the past were prozac, welbutrin, valium and paxil. All these type of meds make me lazy, ****** off and worthless. I'm actually seeing a psych doc tomorrow. Does anyone here think I have adhd, or am i just wired differently.

I apologize for my grammer.

ADHDTigger
02-06-12, 08:21 PM
Have you been tested for ADHD?

Brob2
02-06-12, 10:16 PM
I feel that my mind is going a 1000 miles per hour in the morning and I get frustrated at work quite often. There are times when I'm driving and didn't realize I've already driven that far. I usually get frustrated when I have to multitask, or attend a meeting. I get so bored at meetings and thats when my brillant mind starts roaming again and I also doodle alot during this time.

Um, that kinda sounds like all of us on this forum:cool:.

Yup, I'd suggest an ADD test too, Certainly seems like a reasonable possibility.

And welcome!

snappersnacks
02-07-12, 04:02 AM
I'm seeing a psych today and hopefully things will start to change soon. Thanks for the replies!

GeordieDave
02-07-12, 06:12 AM
Well most of ther stuff you have said is part of the symptoms... So there might be a chance.. Hopefully the psychiatrist will diagnose you and give you the correct dose of medication :)

I hate that 'anxirty' around friends... ALWAYS happens to me :( One minute I will be happy, talking, dancing, in a good mood.. then the next.. I just go quiet, sit down and be in a weird mood :/

only 13 days until I see my psychiatrist

snappersnacks
02-07-12, 07:03 AM
When I use to hang out and fill that funky feeling around friends, I would consume alot of alcohol and that isn't constructive. I've not consumed any alcohol in 60 days, because I've realized that I get out of control for the most part. I'm not depressed just freakin confused and spacey for the most part. I just wish one day I'd be balanced and on point to whatever task is at hand.

rickymooston
02-07-12, 07:06 AM
In my twenties I was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder.

I'm surprised at this. I swear I'd read that that disorder wasn't real. Guess I was wrong. I don't understand how somebody could diagnose you with this without observing several personalities that have no knowledge of each other?

Then I started using cannabis and that did wonders, but it is illegal and I don't want the risk.

Cannaboid based drugs are legal in the US. A doctor told me about them. You may ask your doctor whether any of these might help? If its legal to ask?

snappersnacks
02-07-12, 10:08 AM
Medical cannabis is legal in certain states, but not mine. If it's a dopamine related issue than THC is only masking the issue. But, THC does help relieve the racy thoughts and lack of focus for a short period. There is no possible way I can go to work on cannabis.

There is a pill form of THC called Marinol I believe, but that's only prescribed to HIV and cancer patients in my area.

snappersnacks
02-07-12, 10:09 AM
Have you been tested for ADHD?

No I haven't yet, but we shall see today.

snappersnacks
02-07-12, 09:27 PM
The psych has determined that I have ADHD. He prescribed my 10 mg Adderall 2 times daily and I'll see him in a couple of weeks. Now I'm nervous about taking my meds tomorrow morning. They are the quick release pills and hopefully 10 mg in the morning want impair me. Should I be concerned at this dose?

Amtram
02-09-12, 03:26 PM
The only thing I would worry about is that some people experience euphoria the first day (sometimes, less frequently, also the second or even third) and it's pretty noticeable to people around you. If you'd rather not be out in public on your first day, hold off until you can stay home or just not be at work or school.

On the other hand, if it has the opposite effect and makes you drowsy or feeling a little thick in the head, that's something better to experience at home as well.

snappersnacks
02-09-12, 07:11 PM
OK, second day of IR 10mg and you definitely have to adjust how much you take and also what time of day. On the 1st day of meds I took 10mg's at 6am then another 10mg's at 12pm and then my final dose of 10 mg's at 4pm. P-Doc said to take up to 30 mg's as needed. 30mg's is to much for me to take in a full day and my bedtime was pretty much nonexistent. I maybe got 3 hrs of sleep and woke up this morning on the cranky side until I took my first dose of 10mg's at 5:45am. The last dose I took today was at 12pm lunch and that was a 5mg dose. I must say that I feel clear and focused. I really do hope I get some rest tonight, which I think I should.

So what do you all think? Am I addressing my meds intake ok?