View Full Version : Experience with Daytrana

carsonman12
02-07-12, 10:13 AM
I was looking through the medicine my insurance covers and that was one of them but i have never heard of it. Anyone ever tried it? what did you think of it?

karbouris
02-24-12, 05:30 PM
I'm on it now. It's just kinda calming when it actually works. Seems to wear off midday. Social skills don't suffer as bad. There is also no swift kick in the pants.

ChanelCinq
02-25-12, 09:57 PM
carsonman12 I love it because I can keep it on when I need it and take it off when I don't need it. SO if I want to study in the morning but I don't need it in the afternoon I'll take it off. I tried probably a dozen things before I found one that worked OK. Not perfect but better then everthing else I tried.

karbouris you are able to order it? I live in Puerto Rico and I am dying because for the past few months they have no access to it due to a recall. I tries two different Walgreens and a CVS and they were all trying at the same time to get it. I was in contact with the managers and none of them could get it.

I have to start studying for the NCLEX while I finish my last trimester and also stress about where I will be working after May and should I move back to CA and live with my parents while I try to pass this exam and my bank account is about to reach zero.

Sorry just supper stressed right now and I really need the Daytrana to focus. Do you have suggestions on alternatives. Preferably generics because I don't have insurance as you don't need it in Puerto Rico. An uninsured emergency room visit of 36 hours for a friend was less than 600 USD. My doctors visits are between 50 and 90 USD. And the main reason I don't have it is after one year my university cancelled the awesome insurance they offered.

FYI I don't have an ADHD doc here, just a shrink that prescribes my depression meds. Any info would be grateful. Thanks.