View Full Version : Have to wait 2 weeks....

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 09:36 AM
So I phoned my medical practice (as promised) but have to wait 2 whole weeks because most of the doctors are away on holiday apparently. :confused:

23rd of feb at 10 past 3. *takes mental note* (actually, I think i'll write it down, on a million different sticky notes all over the house and pray that i notice one of them at the right time!)

Fuzzy12
02-09-12, 09:38 AM
Well done for calling them!!!!!

23rd of feb at 10 past 3. *takes mental note* (actually, I think i'll right it down, on a million different sticky notes all over the house and pray that i notice one of them at the right time!)

Maybe you can make a note on your mobile with an alarm that will buzz on the previous day or the morning of the 23rd??

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 09:40 AM
Well done for calling them!!!!!

Maybe you can make a note on your mobile with an alarm that will buzz on the previous day or the morning of the 23rd??

That would be a great idea, if I could actually remember to keep my phone on and charged up. I think its been out of charge for the last 4 days or so. :faint:

Fuzzy12
02-09-12, 09:45 AM
I can remind you. You just have to remember then to log in to the ADD forums sometime before your appointment :D

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 09:47 AM
I can remind you. You just have to remember then to log in to the ADD forums sometime before your appointment :D

Haha, no, I don't expect you to do that. I'm sure you have enough things to juggle without me on your hands. :D

I'm sure i'll remember.... I HAVE to remember! :eek:

wiffy123
02-09-12, 09:51 AM
my one i start with .MENTAL NOTE TO SELF.THEN THIS LITTLE VOICE IN BK OF HEAD SAYS.hahahahaha u got no chance ,so wheres my cammel.

GeordieDave
02-09-12, 11:07 AM
Good! Glad yu rang! That's the first step :) Just make sure you put reminders on your mobile, put stick notes on mirrors etc.. where ever you look most. Make sure you attend, and remember, write a list down! (Don't say you can't because you can) You have done it on here already.

Good luck mate.

TheChemicals
02-09-12, 11:11 AM
Yo Fraser, Just a heads up- You got to see the Brain Doctor on Feb23

plank80
02-09-12, 11:36 AM
Gives you plenty of time to sort out in your head what you wana say. First time I went I babbled a load of crap. It will go on your referral letter.

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 12:04 PM
Gives you plenty of time to sort out in your head what you wana say. First time I went I babbled a load of crap. It will go on your referral letter.

I think i'll right stuff down and just kinda hand it over. If they ask me why i'm doing that, i'll just tell them that I have a hard time bringing thoughts to mouth sometimes.

Peachy87
02-09-12, 12:15 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!! I will DEF remind you. It seems as if this apt will be impossible to forget, cause your gonna wake up that morning and have like 25 messages from different people reminding you!! :yes:

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 12:17 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!! I will DEF remind you. It seems as if this apt will be impossible to forget, cause your gonna wake up that morning and have like 25 messages from different people reminding you!! :yes:

Well if I fail to make my appointment, I want you all to ignore the hell out of me! :(

If I do however make it, I expect hugs and kisses all round! :p :D

BR549
02-09-12, 01:13 PM
Fraser, there's a calendar here on the forum. The top of the screen, blue bar. Unfortunately, it only goes to 2010, BUT---I have set it for Public, February 2006 (that year the dates/days coincide with those of this year). I've added a new event on the 23rd for your doc visit and also one on the 22nd as a reminder, since you are 6 hours ahead of me in Texas.

Well, actually, if I'm going to be honest, It took me a bit to figure out how to correctly add an event to the calendar, so....there's one on there for you for today and two in February 2000.....:o

SO, this way *I* can remember to remind you!

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 01:15 PM
Hey, thanks very much for taking the time and effort to do this for me! :)

I don't think I understood a word of that, but if you can understand whats on the calender, then that would great! Thanks! :D

plank80
02-09-12, 01:36 PM
Also, write down the address of where you want referred to to give to your gp. Mine just didn't have a clue, in fact he was disinterested even thought it was on the recommendation of his practices therapist.

Don't let them fob you off or **** you about, I think they are trained specially to do that. You would think they were paying for the assessment themselves.

Be prepared, I got told it was probably just my personality and sent to therapist, then she backed me up.

Fraser_0762
02-09-12, 01:47 PM
Personality? lol

Thats the kind of nonsense i'm kind of expecting from these "experts"

plank80
02-09-12, 02:21 PM
Nothing expert about them, bunch of clowns in my eyes. A few years ago I tatooed my arm with rusty razor blade I found in the street while I was wiped on fake valium. Woke up covered in blood and thought I should go to the docs. I told him I needed counselling before I did something really stupid and he said 'no, I would know if you were that bad and you're lucky you didn't cut through that artery or you'd be dead' give me a script for antibiotics for the infection and sent me on my way. I'll never trust them again after that I was really messed up at the time, but thankfully I lived.