View Full Version : Risperdal works on same receptor as Intuniv/Tenex

Caliberzzz
02-09-12, 10:16 AM
Okay so I've been put on 4mg of Risperdal for hallucinations/delusions. I take 1mg in the morning and 3mg at night. I've also been put on 0.25mg of Klonopin 3x a day. With this I'm noticing a strange increase in concentration the reason I say strange is because I know these meds shouldn't help with that. (Okay maybe the Klonopin because if your less anxious maybe you'll concentrate better but still c'mon). The only reason/thing that comes close to my experience of what I've researched is that Risperdal according to wikipedia has the same action as Guanfacine (Tenex/Intuniv) as it works on the α<sub>2A</sub> receptors in the prefrontal cortex. So my question is this. Could there be any connection between the Risperdal and my increase in concentration due to the fact that Risperdal works on the same receptors as Guanfacine (Tenex/Intuniv)?:thankyou:

XMauzX
03-09-13, 07:06 PM
... Found an article about possibly considering risperdal to help kids with intellectual disabilities and/or autism who also have adhd.
moderator edit: it can be found by googling:elementsbehavioralhealth

... Here is an autistic/adhd person posting about risperdal rx for treatment of both cases
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/716264.html

And i imagine that if risperdal is removing anytype of inner dialogue, that it would help improve concentration (even inadvertantly)