View Full Version : Defense Attorney blames Adderall in the girl's system as partial cause of death

tired1823
02-10-12, 08:34 PM
I just find this interesting. The lacrosse player's attorney blames the amount of Adderall and Alcohol in the boy's girlfriend's system. What do you think this means? I had a terrible experience with Adderall in which I experienced abuse like I've never experienced before while I was on that stuff. I just want to get people thinking and raise awareness on the subject of Adderall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/05/george-huguely-trial-uva-_n_1256368.html

Andi
02-10-12, 11:30 PM
Since this is a news article, I think the best responses will be found in this section. I wonder how much of a stretch it is for the defense attorney to partially blame the alcohol and adderall in her system for her death.

Fraser_0762
02-10-12, 11:32 PM
Is it possible that you're just not supposed to mix stimulants with alcohol? As normally recommended by GPs and Psychiatrists?

trishcan
02-10-12, 11:38 PM
I don't know many people who avoid alcohol entirely while taking stimulant medication. I don't know that it's even recommended to do so. Taking adderall doesn't change the fact of the case, which are that her drunken boyfriend brutally beat her to death...and confessed.

I'm confused by the OP's suggestion that taking a drug prescribed to you somehow makes you more susceptible to abuse.

Fraser_0762
02-10-12, 11:41 PM
Still, I don't understand why people would drink alcohol while on stimulants. Its a bit counter productive wouldn't you say?

Not excusing the behaviour of the partner though. Shocking thing to do to anyone. You have to wonder what possesses people to do idiotic things like that.

Retromancer
02-10-12, 11:49 PM
The defense attorneys of the perpetrator that is. But making that distinction that wouldn't advance the OP's agenda would it?

Really who is more knowledgeable than a medical examiner? Why the perp's attorneys, that's who!

The trial of Love's ex-boyfriend, George Huguely V, begins Monday with jury selection. He faces first-degree murder and several other charges. The state medical examiner's office has said Love, 22, of Cockeysville, Md., died from head injuries. Police said Huguely told investigators he kicked in Love's bedroom door and then shook her, causing her head to hit a wall several times.
His attorneys have said she died accidentally from an irregular heartbeat partly caused by taking prescription Adderall and drinking alcohol. They did not return telephone messages left by The Associated Press.

trishcan
02-11-12, 12:38 AM
Still, I don't understand why people would drink alcohol while on stimulants. Its a bit counter productive wouldn't you say?
Well, I suppose if you were waking up and washing down your adderall with whiskey...that's counterproductive. If you take adderall in the morning, go to work or school, then have a couple drinks later on...that's a normal life.

You have to wonder what possesses people to do idiotic things like that.
Alcohol, apparently. Or, more specifically, alcoholism.

Peachy87
02-11-12, 12:44 AM
I don't even understand how if the medical examiner says she died of HEAD injuries, the defense can say she died of irregular heartbeat.

Fraser_0762
02-11-12, 12:47 AM
I don't even understand how if the medical examiner says she died of HEAD injuries, the defense can say she died of irregular heartbeat.

Yeah, irregular headbeat more like.

Peachy87
02-11-12, 12:48 AM
If your man enough to beat your gf to death, you should be man enough to take responsibility.

ADHDTigger
02-14-12, 02:06 AM
Defense attorneys have one goal- get the client off. Get them exonerated or a lesser sentence.

They don't care about truth, they care about results. Period.

That they are potentially tossing anyone who uses a stimulant medication legally under the bus means nothing to them. That they are tossing anyone who is using alcohol legally under the bus means nothing.

ALL they care about is earning their fee- and they can only do that if they make the victim culpable... and get a jury to buy it. PERIOD.

The greater issue is the damage that this defense could do for those who take stimulant medication of any stripe.

Possum
02-14-12, 02:20 AM
Hopefully, it will be obvious to readers other than the OP that the defense is really, really stretching the point. Battering by the BF? You bet! Adderall? Who? What? And that poor child. How shameful to turn her death into a tawdry attack on adderall. That news article was about the very real issue of relationship abuse. Unsubstantiated attacks on adderall use are beside the point here.

spunkysmum
02-14-12, 03:18 AM
I think this means some defense attorneys will say any crazy, farfetched thing they can think of to get their criminal clients off. But I kind of already knew that.

Good ole HuffPo.

Possum
02-14-12, 11:03 AM
The twinkies made me do it. Then I started taking adderall with my twinkies and whoa, mama! I've haven't been responsible for any of my actions since 2003. :rolleyes:

Luvmybully
02-14-12, 11:35 AM
How disturbing to take a girl murdered by her boyfriend and try to turn it into PROOF that adderall is dangerous.

Attorneys are not obligated to tell the truth. Truth has NOTHING to do with it. They can and will tell a bold-faced lie if it will support their case, and they will not be held accounatble for that lie.

Lunacie
02-14-12, 11:42 AM
I just find this interesting. The lacrosse player's attorney blames the amount of Adderall and Alcohol in the boy's girlfriend's system. What do you think this means? I had a terrible experience with Adderall in which I experienced abuse like I've never experienced before while I was on that stuff. I just want to get people thinking and raise awareness on the subject of Adderall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/05/george-huguely-trial-uva-_n_1256368.html

You've never actually explained what you mean by this. Are you saying
that you somehow provoked abuse and violence against yourself when
you were taking Adderall? Or that you weren't able to get out of a bad
situation because of the meds?

I wonder if you're connecting two things that don't actually have any
connection? Abusive relationships happen to all kinds of people, not just
those who take stimulant meds. My spouse was verbally abusive and
emotionally abusive to me at times, but I wasn't diagnosed until after we
separated and divorced, and I never have taken any stimulant meds
(fortunately for me, Omega 3 fish oil works well on it's own).

Luvmybully
02-14-12, 11:46 AM
ALL they care about is earning their fee- and they can only do that if they make the victim culpable... and get a jury to buy it. PERIOD.

It is one of those absurdities of our justice system. Like the burglar sues the victim he robbed because he was injured breaking into their house, and WINS.

Recently a bulldog owner I know had to hide her dog because when an armed robber broke her kitchen window and was confronted by her bulldog, he aimed his gun at the dog. She trained dogs for the police and this dog was gun trained. The dog bit his trigger finger off! The neighbors heard a gubshot and then screaming and the police found the guy on her washer screaming his head off with his finger on the floor.

He SUED her and tried to get the dog euthanized for being a vicious dog.

She secreted him away with friends so he couldn't be taken.

The case was eventually dropped, but still, if the dog had been there he would have been taken into custody and held.

Fraser_0762
02-14-12, 11:49 AM
Yeah, its sickening.

You can't even defend yourself from thugs in the street, just incase you "hurt one of them".

TygerSan
02-14-12, 05:02 PM
According to the Baltimore Sun, the victim had multiple bruises to her brainstem, which the medical examiner said could cause " respiratory arrest, cardiac arrest (http://www.baltimoresun.com/topic/health/physical-conditions/heart-failure-HEPHC00000140.topic), loss of consciousness and sudden death."

So I highly doubt the adderall contributed much to her death.

www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-huguely-day-seven-20120214,0,4543888.story

To the OP: Please, please get help. You are not well, and blaming all of your woes on adderall is not helping *at all*. The fact that you think this story is some grand conspiracy really says volumes about your state of mind.

wiffy123
02-14-12, 05:21 PM
if u was like the dad of that young girl that was beaten too death........how can u compute the anger at the cheek of the defence lauyer what defence he smashed her f...... head in...........biker me and most the people i know are...i would have to tourcher both him and the boyfriend ur talking law abbiding citizen........ow god forbid any one hurts my angels u will see me on the news....i hope the family are strong and all my love too them.

SB_UK
02-15-12, 08:10 AM
The law will be the death of us all.

Defense attorneys have one goal- get the client off. Get them exonerated or a lesser sentence.

That they are potentially tossing anyone who uses a stimulant medication legally under the bus means nothing to them. That they are tossing anyone who is using alcohol legally under the bus means nothing.

The greater issue is the damage that this defense could do for those who take stimulant medication of any stripe.

Good comment.

tired1823
02-15-12, 09:31 PM
I know the defense attourney is way out of line.

I do think adderall escalated things between her and her boyfriend that night. I've been there. It's the drug.

wiffy123
02-15-12, 09:48 PM
I know the defense attourney is way out of line.

I do think adderall escalated things between her and her boyfriend that night. I've been there. It's the drug.
Na not having that iev been botle of wiskey coked out of my nut crazy man wife drunk and on one slapping me spitting ...............and would never attack her with hammer there aint no cope out. he is a freek and killer of a woman .......we dont drink do coke fite now we allgrown up well she is.

tired1823
02-15-12, 09:51 PM
hmmm?

tired1823
02-15-12, 09:52 PM
As Nancy Grace said, "If this is the same guy that screemed obsenities to police that eventually had to taze him... then this girl didn't stand a chance"

Yea, he was dangerous and she should have been running for her life. But, the adderall in her escalated things.

tired1823
02-15-12, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSYfqC9I_c

spunkysmum
02-16-12, 03:23 AM
Hey, yeah! I heard that Nicole Brown Simpson was killed by Adderall as well.

Also, Adderall was responsible for the Hindenburg disaster, the sinking of the Titanic, Hurricane Katrina and the fact that you can't get a decent cheeseburger anywhere these days.

sarahsweets
02-16-12, 10:37 AM
Hey, yeah! I heard that Nicole Brown Simpson was killed by Adderall as well.

Also, Adderall was responsible for the Hindenburg disaster, the sinking of the Titanic, Hurricane Katrina and the fact that you can't get a decent cheeseburger anywhere these days.

I heard adderall killed Jimmy Hoffa and JFK.:giggle:

Fraser_0762
02-16-12, 10:44 AM
As Nancy Grace said, "If this is the same guy that screemed obsenities to police that eventually had to taze him... then this girl didn't stand a chance"

Yea, he was dangerous and she should have been running for her life. But, the adderall in her escalated things.

Escalated things????

In what way did it "escalate" things?

Perhaps if the guy was taking the Adderall instead, he wouldn't have lost his temper and been so abusive which lead to the womens death? Ever consider that?

spunkysmum
02-16-12, 12:23 PM
I heard adderall killed Jimmy Hoffa and JFK.:giggle:

You heard that, too, huh? The way I heard it, it was a big bottle of Adderall on the grassy knoll.

spunkysmum
02-16-12, 12:25 PM
Escalated things????

In what way did it "escalate" things?

Perhaps if the guy was taking the Adderall instead, he wouldn't have lost his temper and been so abusive which lead to the womens death? Ever consider that?

I wondered that, too. Because if it was the Adderall in the girl's system which caused the altercation to escalate, the implication is that the Adderall made the girl act in a way that made it appear she was asking for it and "needed killin.'" :eek:

wiffy123
02-16-12, 12:59 PM
that prity boy going to be some ones ***** in prison....his anel retention will be no more, wonder if his perants and family are proud of him now. he aint going to look that quoot in a few years hope he gets it every day and nite till he decides to take him nasty little life and hang him self.there aint no where to run in prison ...........its fite or *****.he deservs all hes going to get.:mad:

Lunacie
02-16-12, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSYfqC9I_c

Was the female officer mentioned by Nancy Grace who was also attacked
by the alleged killer to blame because she was also using Adderall? There's
no mention of that.

There is very little that could be claimed by this little punk as having made
him assault women other than self-defense. And from what little I've read,
the dead girl was not in any way causing this little punk to defend himself
from a death threat.

Kunga Dorji
02-19-12, 04:18 PM

What you are talking about here is evil.

Pure unadulterated foulness.

There is a lot of it about.

Learn to say NO - strongly and loudly.

Eventually we will have this way of behaving discredited and marginalised.

Once we do that it will be as great a boon to public health as proper sewers have been.

Kunga Dorji
02-19-12, 04:21 PM
I wondered that, too. Because if it was the Adderall in the girl's system which caused the altercation to escalate, the implication is that the Adderall made the girl act in a way that made it appear she was asking for it and "needed killin.'" :eek:

Just keep watching the newspapers, the TVs and the mainstream radio.

Journalists like to "cook" a story so it creates much attention. More advertising space is sold at a higher price and that is the name of the game.

Truth is usually a casualty here.

This is the way of the world that we have been born into.

We have every right to be outraged.

spunkysmum
02-19-12, 04:49 PM
Just keep watching the newspapers, the TVs and the mainstream radio.

Journalists like to "cook" a story so it creates much attention. More advertising space is sold at a higher price and that is the name of the game.

Truth is usually a casualty here.

This is the way of the world that we have been born into.

We have every right to be outraged.

I've questioned every word the mainstream media has said for years. You're absolutely right that even though they'd like us to think that they are only impartial messengers, they absolutely give us the "news" from their own perspective and carefully manipulate their words in order to do so.

There's a major talk-show host who for years has been collecting and documenting mainstream media news reports about incidents involving sports utility vehicles, which are worded in such a way that they come off as directly blaming the SUV itself for whatever happened in the story, as though it were a human criminal entity and not an inanimate object, because there is in the media a political correctness bias against those who produce, purchase, gas up, and drive SUV's.

Well, there's a similiar bias out there against ADHD, its factual existence, its sufferers, and the medications used to treat it.

Does it suck that you can't read or listen to the news without having to analyze the reportage for manipulative language? Yeah, it sure does, but that's the reality we're living with these days. We all need to challenge the authority that the media likes to think it has.