View Full Version : Looking for an... aggressive Android reminder app

Pixelslinger
02-13-12, 01:34 AM
Hey folks,

After a glorious death, my old HTC smartphone has been retired. It was extremely useful for me with the built-in reminder system, because event reminders were loud, obnoxious, and they would keep chiming and squawking until you deliberately dismissed them.

I just picked up an Android phone (with Sprint) and the built in reminder / task system is... uh, not ADD sufficient. It's far too gentle and subtle.

I need something that will, essentially, get up in my face in a way that's impossible to ignore, and does it immediately and loudly. Mostly for task / appointment / chore reminders, but some alarm functionality would be great as well.

Any suggestions? I've been doing a brief search of the forum here, but most of the recommendations I've come across for the kind of app I'm looking for seem to be for iPhone software.

sarahsweets
02-13-12, 07:36 AM
I use life reminders and evernote.

tortilaman
02-19-12, 05:33 AM
I've been switching around a lot, but right now, I'm using "My Life Organized" It has a desktop app too, so you can set reminders for anything, and have it separate from your calendar.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.mylifeorganized.mlo&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsIm5ldC5te WxpZmVvcmdhbml6ZWQubWxvIl0.

andy78
02-21-12, 05:29 AM
I need something that will, essentially, get up in my face in a way that's impossible to ignore, and does it immediately and loudly. Mostly for task / appointment / chore reminders, but some alarm functionality would be great as well.

Any suggestions? I've been doing a brief search of the forum here, but most of the recommendations I've come across for the kind of app I'm looking for seem to be for iPhone software.
Well I tried many of these like Evernote, To-do etc.

but I think the closest that came to helping me in ADD has been Astrid. I'm not happy with any of the things that I came across so far.

wiffy123
02-21-12, 05:46 AM
i use postits my litchen looks like cean from bruceallmighty.:lol:

andy78
02-21-12, 11:56 AM
^^ I didn't get you!

Hathor
02-21-12, 12:45 PM
here is my translation :) ^^

i use postits my litchen looks like cean from bruceallmighty.:lol:

I use post-its, and my kitchen looks like a scene from Bruce Amlighty

Bruce decides to turn all the prayers into post-it notes so they will get out of his head