my add is getting slightly better. I feel like once I do those cleanses I

mentioned, my add will be either completely eliminated or dramatically

reduced. For the first time in years I think there is light in this darkness I

have been living in for years now and I recommend everyone on this

website to do what im doing.

nospin
03-16-12, 10:24 PM
Hi MSK87,

I happened to read through your posting as I was searching for ADD and candida. I had been diagnosed with ADD at 34 years of age and have been taking adderall for 12 years and effexor for about 3 (which I have gotten off of). I had felt a change in diet would help me but never actually tried until I had a candida problem (which I think I may have had for years). The point I am trying to make is that I have been on the candida diet for about 3 weeks (following it very, very closely) however my wife is a diabetic so her diet is very similar to candida and I am starting to feel better. If I see my Add improving (which I believe it will) my body is still detoxing all of the drugs, junk food, etc. I have eaten in years. I give you a lot of credit being a young guy and sticking to that diet, I know when I was younger my diet was horrendous. Congratualtions in being able to focus better, I know that when I get to that point I think I will stay on this diet for life because not being able to focus is really not living.

Keep it going!!!

salleh
03-16-12, 11:22 PM
For the recxord ....if you have ADD ...you have ADD...it cannot be "cured by diet" ....if diet changes your life .

you didn't have ADD.....

it is a neurobiologial disorder, there is NO cure , the best that anyone can do is treat it, and there are several ways to go about that .,...and none of them will ever make you "normal" .......the best you can hope for is doing pretty good....but whatever treatment you chose, you have to keep taking it, when you stop taking your medication, it stops working, the same way when I take my glasses off, I am right back to being near sighted ......

it's like saying diet can cure your bad eyesight .,...ain't gonna happen ....

a good diet is good for you overall ...but it is not a cure ....

PS have you been diagnosed by a professional to have ADD/ADHD ?

msk87
03-20-12, 07:03 PM
I know for a fact that this candida cleanse IS GOING TO CURE MY ADD. Have you

ever tried doing a candida cleanse Before? If not then how do you know? Candida is what

causes us to have a neurological disorder considering the fact that numerous toxins are

released into our nervous system putting the control center of a certain part of out brain

to sleep. When I went to a naturopathic doctor in hawaii, he explained all of this to me

and i have been researching this for months. He HAS CURED PEOPLE OF ADD/ADHD, and

a huge list of other things that medical doctors SAY THERE IS NO CURE FOR! Im not

trying to come off sounding like im a kevin trudea disciple considering the fact that I

think hes very arrogant and i dont believe everything he says in his book is necessarily

true about the government. But as far as a cure for add/adhd many other diseases

i believe that 100% with

all my heart. I have been doing these cleanses for 3 weeks and my attention span is

getting better by the day! here is an interesting article

on candida overgrowth.

the five stages of candida overgrowth, stage three

of the overgrowth is when it starts to affect the nervous system.

http://www.homemadebodycleanse.com/candida/Candida-Symptoms.html

Abi
03-20-12, 07:08 PM
ADHD is incurable at present. It is a chronic neurological condition theat can only be treated.

The only effective treatments today are pharmacological - stimulants like methylphenidate and dexedrine and (to a lesser extent) non-stims like wellbutrin and strattera

Abi
03-20-12, 07:14 PM
Re: Candida.

Those people don't have ADHD. They have Candida problems.

Many people with AIDS have chronic lung problems and tubercolosis etc. I have chronic bronchitis because I am a chain smoker. If I stopped smoking, this will clear up. That would not mean I cured myself of AIDS. I never had AIDS in the first place.

msk87
03-20-12, 07:42 PM
yeah im not denying the fact that some people were born with the disorder, but i think in a lot

of cases(including my case), candida overgrowth is what caused it. I have a HUGE list of

symptoms of candida overgrowth along with the add- chronic anxiety, depression, dandruff,

itchy skin, mood swing, poor memory, diarrhea, irritability, athletes foot, cravings for sweets, ect.

I didnt always have these symptoms when i was younger but the candida grew larger and larger

over the years

due to all of the processed foods, diet soda, and antibiotics i took. It has been the hardest

thing ive ever had to do, eating just organic vegetables, meats, and nuts but i will be able to

eat a more variety once the candida dies off and my symptoms disappear, which could take

anywhere from 2- 6 months.

And i know the results will be worth it because i already feel the best i have in years.

anonymouslyadd
03-20-12, 07:57 PM
I've never heard of a case where ADD developed at the age range you are talking about.

Soda doesn't cause ADD. The only environmental factors linked thus far include: lead poisoning, brain injury, or direct exposure to cigarette smoke (mother consumes them) or alcohol.

Fuzzy12
03-20-12, 08:05 PM
Re: Candida.

Those people don't have ADHD. They have Candida problems.

Many people with AIDS have chronic lung problems and tubercolosis etc. I have chronic bronchitis because I am a chain smoker. If I stopped smoking, this will clear up. That would not mean I cured myself of AIDS. I never had AIDS in the first place.

So do you think that it's possible that Candida infections can cause symptoms similar to ADHD?

I've just tried googling it but haven't really found anything conclusive that seems to confirm that?

Fraser_0762
03-20-12, 08:10 PM
Many different things can mimic ADHD and poor diet can certainly be one of them.

I'd recommend anybody who has been diagnosed with ADHD to at least give it a shot. Even if it doesn't illiminate your symptoms, its always possible that your diet could be making your ADHD seem worse than it really is.
Surely any improvement is a positive.

silivrentoliel
03-20-12, 08:13 PM
the only thing the OP mentioned that even sounds remotely like any issues I've had with my ADHD is the craving of sweets... but I am a sugar junkie- always have been :D but proper diet *does* in fact help with ADHD... like not eating stuff w/ red dye #40... that stuff is evil... but i love it

msk87
03-20-12, 08:27 PM
In response to anonymouslyadd- some of the symptoms of candida overgrowth have been

with me since i was a kid, i was way more hyperactive than inattentive,

a month ago i couldnt focus on anything period. the chronic anxiety, depression, and

poor short term memory developed in my teen years. As for as diet soda goes it sure

as hell affects add/adhd, aspartame (which is in diet soda) harms the central nervous

system and has huge list of side affects. heres a link

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

fuzzy 12- heres a link for candida overgrowth. Look at stage 3 of the overgrowth, thats

when it starts to mimic add/adhd symptoms.

http://www.homemadebodycleanse.com/c...-Symptoms.html

anonymouslyadd
03-20-12, 09:56 PM
I think I misunderstood what you meant then. You said it worsens ADD. Now I understand.:)

blueroo
04-24-12, 04:46 PM
FWIW, "I know this will cure my ADD" is just faith. There's obviously no room for nutrition or science in this discussion, so might I suggest this be moved to the religious subforums?

Fraser_0762
04-24-12, 05:07 PM
FWIW, "I know this will cure my ADD" is just faith. There's obviously no room for nutrition or science in this discussion, so might I suggest this be moved to the religious subforums?

Theres nothing religious about this topic.

You don't need to be religious to have a strong belief in something.

If some people believe this will help them, then I say all the best to them and I hope it does work for them.

blueroo
04-24-12, 06:27 PM
I believe we do each other a great disservice when we turn a blind eye to folks who decide that their misshapen beliefs will "cure" them.

CheekyMonkey
04-24-12, 10:50 PM
I hope you were screened for celiac disease, which can also cause most of the symptoms you listed along with ADHD-like symptoms.

msk87
05-03-12, 08:41 PM
Me saying i know it will cure my add has nothing to do with religion, like fraser said its just a strong belief i have. After doing a candida cleanse for over 2 months i have gone from having severe add/adhd, anxiety, and depression, to just mildly having add/adhd. when i mean mild i mean i dont space out in the middle of conversations with people anymore, i can follow movies, tv, and books a lot easier, and i can actually remember things throughout the day without writing them down. I still have some work to do and i plan on following the GAPS diet for the next year after i finish 3 months of the candida cleanse.

BADDID
07-31-12, 09:59 AM
I wonder how the nutritional therapy worked out for you as i just started taking meds and it aint working,recently there was a dutch study where elimination of certain foods "cured" 60% of adhd children,I wonder if there's a yeast connection.

ginniebean
07-31-12, 10:16 AM
yeah im not denying the fact that some people were born with the disorder, but i think in a lot

of cases(including my case), candida overgrowth is what caused it.

Yes you were denying adhd. You mentioned cure of ADD. How does a colon cleanse change brain architecture? If you do not have the ADHD brain architecture you did not and do not have ADHD. re

I'm glad you're feeling better but let me ask you something. Would you go to a forum on spinal injury and tell people "you can cure your injury and walk again"? I think you can see that would be offensive. BOTH conditions involve problems with architecture.

If you cure your 'adhd' it wasn't adhd to begin with but it won't stop snake oil salesmen from going all over the net. Adhd has been so trivialized that everyone wants a line in the water.