View Full Version : Question: Desoxyn and Caffeine

sbcy
02-23-12, 07:06 AM
I want to compare the effects of a large cup of coffee and desoxyn. I don't drink coffee generally, so it's hard to remember what it felt like the last time I had coffee (for the stimulating properties, I hate the taste. Lol).

My question is: how long seems to be the minimum one should wait after taking a dose of desoxyn (10 mg in my case) before having a lot of caffeine. I understand it is a bad idea to mix the two and desoxyn tends to stay in the system after it's effects have worn off longer than other ADHD stimulants. When's the earliest one might consider going for a big cup of joe?

dominil
04-18-12, 06:38 PM
i would drink it an hour or 2 before i took my desoxyn. So that the caffeine would wear off before i had any desoxyn in my system.

Mixing caffeine with ADHD stimulants is usually a bad idea.

tambourine-man
04-19-12, 12:18 AM
Ok... there are no stupid questions, but caffeine and methamphetamine have a limited amount amount in common. Yes, they are both stimulants, but methamphetamine has highly specific stimulating effects, whereas caffeine offers a more general mental stimulation. The two should be combined with caution. You can't truly get to know one or the other while combining the two.

Fraser_0762
04-19-12, 12:30 AM
Caffeine and Amphetamines have different biological effects.

Caffeine works by binding itself to the Adenosine Receptors, by doing so, it prevents the release of Adenosine, making you feel more awake.

Desoxyn stimulates the Dopamine and Norepinephrine Receptors, increasing alertness and mood.

Combining them together won't cause you any harm, but you may end up feeling over stimulated and at a discomfort.