View Full Version : Recommendation: careful diagnosis and followup are key

Chris A.
02-15-12, 08:56 PM
A little over three years ago, I asked my husband to help me find a good, compassionate psychiatrist who could figure out what in the world was wrong with me. As luck would have it, I ended up in a diagnostic interview with Dr. Ron Sterling of Bellevue Psychiatry.

I was luckier than I realized at the time. No one had ever, EVER before suggested I might have Attention Deficit Disorder. I had a professional-level job (which I was on the brink of losing as my sense of "overwhelm" increased), a marriage of over two decades duration, a mortgage .... well, I could think of plenty of reasons I couldn't have ADD.

But I was wrong. Dr. Sterling explained the symptoms and cautiously and carefully adjusted the type and dosage of ADD medication. (It's erroneously called "stimulant" medication by those who don't understand that in ADDers, such medication actually calms down the jumpy thoughts, worrying, and inability to start and stay with a task.) I am doing pretty well now. Fifty years of untreated ADD leaves a lot of additional baggage which I have been dealing with in therapy over the last three years.

Dr. Sterling's fees are reasonable -- he keeps his expenses low -- and he provides Saturday hours. He is honest. He understands Adult ADD and is committed to helping his clients understand it as well.

I would recommend him to anyone seeking a good psychotherapist/scientist, but I'd especially recommend him to anyone looking for help with Adult ADD.

blueroo
04-24-12, 05:12 PM
Beware. Ron Sterling is a fraud. He comes on here every once in a while creating a fictional profile and giving himself rave reviews to try and drum up business. This is obviously him.

Fuzzy12
04-25-12, 02:10 PM
Beware. Ron Sterling is a fraud. He comes on here every once in a while creating a fictional profile and giving himself rave reviews to try and drum up business. This is obviously him.

How do you know??

blueroo
04-25-12, 02:49 PM
Because this isn't the first time he's registered fake accounts to shill for himself.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20052

Fuzzy12
04-25-12, 03:15 PM
Because this isn't the first time he's registered fake accounts to shill for himself.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20052

I don't know, maybe. :scratch: