View Full Version : Sex drive dropped after switching from Wellbutrin to Wellbutrin XL

Distratto
03-03-12, 09:48 PM
Ok so I started taking regular Wellbutrin (Brand Name) a couple of months ago, and almost immediately experienced an increase in my sex drive. It was great. The GF was definitely happy about this. Unfortunately I wasn't really getting any other benefit from it. So about two weeks ago I went back to the doctor and she suggested an increase and a switch to 300mg XL. Felt good for the first two days then the sex drive dropped to almost non-existent. I can hardly get aroused and when I do I lose interest quit fast. Also experienced severe agitation and anxiety. Went back to the doctor and she dropped me down to 150 XL. I'm not feeling as agitated, still anxious, and still have little to no sex drive. Its aggravating because it was awesome having such a high sex drive and then dropping to nothing when I switched.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

If it doesn't come back at least to a normal level then I need to switch back to regular Wellbutrin.

FocusPocus10
05-03-12, 01:02 PM
Your avatar image is offensive, change it. If you are taking a substance like wellbutrin merely to have sex with your girlfriend, immediately stop and get a hotter girlfriend.

MishaMisha123
08-25-12, 02:01 PM
Never tried regular Wellbutrin, but XL actually increased my (previously non-existent) drive. Unfortunately, the side effects (profuse sweating) were so bad, I had to stop. What's the point of having a sex drive when you're too sweaty and your clothes are too stinky to want to get near someone? Now I'm back to non-existing drive, but I smell great. :rolleyes: