View Full Version : Fibro plus ventricular tachycardia ..what meds??

Piper30
03-08-12, 04:53 PM
Anyone with adhd/fibro/heart problems?

I have a friend recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, they are in the uk and dr has offered no suggestions for meds to treat the fibro due to heart issue.

Does anyone suffer from this or similar problem and know of meds or herbs to help with the fibro that won't affect or raise heart rate? They are not medicated for ADHD either...but pain and fibrofog is making life impossible for them to live. I have been on google for two hours and not found anything useful. Any help would be appreciated so much.

Blueranne
03-08-12, 05:00 PM
Are beta-blockers not an option?

Piper30
03-12-12, 12:42 AM
Just saw this, I will ask. Poor thing was told by dr when dx with fibro few weeks ago "live with it" ..we are working on finding her a new dr obviously but in the meantime now that she knows what the symptoms are from she is desperate for some relief.

Most of the fibro meds given are in the anti depressant family and she can't take those...and pain meds, which dr laughed off. I feel so bad for her. I sent her a message asking about beta-blockers. Thank you for responding.

LynneC
03-16-12, 09:57 PM
Anyone with adhd/fibro/heart problems?

I have a friend recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, they are in the uk and dr has offered no suggestions for meds to treat the fibro due to heart issue.

Does anyone suffer from this or similar problem and know of meds or herbs to help with the fibro that won't affect or raise heart rate? They are not medicated for ADHD either...but pain and fibrofog is making life impossible for them to live. I have been on google for two hours and not found anything useful. Any help would be appreciated so much.
Vitamin 'D' (D3-cholcalciferol) and magnesium are both recommended to help with fm pain, and both are also beneficial for those with heart conditions.

'D' is best absorbed when taken w/ a source of fat, and in an oil-based gel-cap (or oil-based liquid) form.

A good way to get some extra magnesium is by making 'magnesium water'. 1-2 tablespoonsful of Milk of magnesia in a liter of unflavored selzter water. Add the MOM and invert the bottle gently to mix. Might be best to start with 1 tablespoonful, to avoid any loose stools...
Drink 8 oz per day...

purpleToes
03-17-12, 03:44 AM
First, her doctor sounds like an a-hole and should be replaced as soon as possible.

Second, not a meds suggestion, but is your friend aware of the connection between fibromyalgia and disturbed sleep? There really aren't any DIY or home remedies along these lines, but if it turns out she has a sleep disorder and can get a sleep evaluation and treatment, it could improve her symptoms, possibly without medications. There's tons of stuff on sleep apnea and fibromyalgia if you google them.

Sleep apnea also can make ADD symptoms worse (firsthand experience), and in children, sleep apnea has been found to correlate with higher incidence of ADHD. Google will show you plenty of info on sleep apnea + children + sleep apnea, too.

That you mention BOTH fibro and ADHD makes me think testing for sleep apnea is a must.

purpleToes
03-17-12, 04:05 AM
I forgot to mention the fact that sleep apnea causes oxygen desaturation and stress on the heart. I hope your friend can get a sleep study.