View Full Version : Desoxyn not working, haven't taken it for several days

sbcy
03-08-12, 10:17 PM
I haven't taken desoxyn for close to a week because i haven't really needed to pay attention. I took it yesterday and it didn't seem to work. By work i mean-i didn't feel any more attentive or even stimulated. I also didn't feel sleepy from it as has happened in the past. In short-basically no effect except appetite supression. I took desoxyn again today twice with not really any luck. I even increased the dose by 2.5mg. What could be going on? I haven't been eating much lately-could that have any effect??

relax21
03-08-12, 10:28 PM
I find it works best when taken daily, but that's just me. I can take Dexedrine or Adderall sporadically with no trouble, but when I take Desoxyn randomly from a drug absence I don't get good results, it's only after repeated daily exposure do I get positive results from Desoxyn.

sbcy
03-11-12, 01:51 AM
I find it works best when taken daily, but that's just me. I can take Dexedrine or Adderall sporadically with no trouble, but when I take Desoxyn randomly from a drug absence I don't get good results, it's only after repeated daily exposure do I get positive results from Desoxyn.

How many times per day do you take it? At what interval? Generic or brand name? Did the effects improve noticeably over time vs the first times you took it? Thanks.

relax21
03-11-12, 10:56 AM
How many times per day do you take it?

Twice.

At what interval?

5-6 hour interval.

Generic or brand name?

Generic.

Did the effects improve noticeably over time vs the first times you took it?

When I first started taking Desoxyn, after failure with Dexedrine due to side effects, I disliked it. Desoxyn made me very sleepy and lethargic, although I did feel focused. Even though I disliked Desoxyn initially, I decided to take 30 mg everyday. After a month I noticed my symptoms were no longer as much trouble as they usually were, I could hold conversations, read, focus on chores, sit still and so forth.

The most important thing for me was the lack of side effects. Desoxyn is the only stimulant I can take without suffering major side effects. However a few months in, I noticed the drug was getting stronger and I was becoming more efficient in every area of my life.

I was later informed I was developing reverse-tolerance to the drug from daily administration of the same dose. Basically, instead of becoming tolerant to the drug, the drug was becoming more potent with time.

I don't know if reverse-tolerance happens to everybody, or if it's just my sensitivity to stimulants. Either way, reducing my dose relieved the effects from reverse-tolerance temporarily.

Like me, you've tried all the ADHD stimulants too, so you know how they're intended to work. I'd recommend taking Desoxyn everyday for at least a month to see how it effects you, and if it doesn't cut it then scrap it. Desoxyn doesn't work for everyone. It's a very subtle acting drug, as you know.

tambourine-man
03-11-12, 02:38 PM

In my experience Desoxyn is the truly a superior med... but it's tricky. It can be very difficult to determine the right dose and schedule.