View Full Version : Bad Psychiatrist seeking new Psych in Boston Area

christhebeerguy
03-10-12, 01:39 AM
Lets see 34. ADD Inattentive Type. 60 Jobs, 4 countries, 840 books, 12 instruments, 4 Languages, 6 failed past college attempts, chef, brewer, poet, investor, writer, armchair philosopher, and 44 potential career paths at this point. :( Verbal IQ very superior ... Performance IQ ...Processing Speed not so impressive. Complex Reading speed very impaired.

Anyways, Joking ...kind of.

Been seeking help again since i failed out of another semester last fall at one of the most prestigious colleges in the world. My non-timed work was perfect A+ but tests killed me and i dropped at the end with all Fs. My institution refused to accomodate me due to not having neuropsych testing within the last 3 years.

Anyways, now i've had the testing done and am with this psychiatrist who is literally the worst psychiatrist in the world. She has reluctantly upped me from 5 mgs to 10 mgs 3 times a day. After i got the testing repeated, i told her it was still not working (I was treated in the past with 20 mg ritalin x4) and she says 40 mg a day is the max anyone needs. I told her how much ritalin had helped me in the past and asked if she didn't believe it really helped people with add and she said "I think it would help anyone" Clearly she doesn't even believe in stimulant therapy. She rolled her eyes at me when i was sharing my goals with her once. She finally upped my dose to 10 mg 6 times a day which the insurance company denied at the pharmacy since this is a very atypical dose. I had my final straw with her tonight when i went in to get a rewritten script from her (Since she screwed up the first time) and she literally wouldn't take 5 seconds to hand me a script that was already written and behind the counter told me to come back on Monday when the staff could hand me the script that she could have just reached for and now im out of meds and have to study this weekend. Ugg

ANyways, does anyone know any resources for ADHD knowledgable Docs in the Boston/cambrige, ma area that accept mass-health. I know there's a lot of world reknowned people in the area but man, i'm dying to find someone who actually isn't a pain to deal with and might actually teach me.

Sorry to ramble but I do have add

quark
03-14-12, 12:13 AM
Try here: http://www.theinteractivelearningcenter.com/ in Lexington or call the Hallowell Center (http://www.drhallowellsudbury.com/) (alas - no insurance accepted) and ask if they can recommend someone in the Cambridge/Boston area.

spunkysmum
03-14-12, 12:29 AM
By the title, I thought this was an odd personal ad. :)