View Full Version : CogMed working memory training

Lisa_Mac
03-17-12, 04:17 AM
Has anybody tried this or know anything about this. I would appreciate your input if you do.

thanks in advance

Lx

Dizfriz
03-17-12, 06:30 AM
While cogmed is not considered a validated treatment for ADHD, it does seem to show a lot of promise.

What this usually means is that it works for some but not all.

It is expensive however and that has to be taken into consideration. Do a forum search on it and see what turns up. This has been discussed several times in the past.

If you want to follow through a bit you might subscribe to Rabiner's newsletter (free). He is selling a product but, in my experience, he is a good scientist and his information that I have seen so far has been based on an accurate appraisal of the data plus he often gives good recaps on interesting research.

You have to take it for what it is worth. Always be a little cautious on any site that is selling something and this includes his. Overall though, I have been pleased with his newsletter and his approach.

Because he is selling something, I am not going to give a link but if you will look up the term "attention research update" it will take you where you need to go.

Good luck

Dizfriz

Lisa_Mac
03-17-12, 08:08 AM
Thanks Dizfriz, you've been very helpful.:thankyou:

Lx

Lisa_Mac
03-17-12, 10:54 AM
I've done a search and found a few threads about CogMed and other ways to exercise working memory that I found very useful. Thanks again Dizfriz for pointing me in the right direction. Lumosity sounds interesting and I've bookmarked the website for when I have time to try it.

Lx