View Full Version : vitamins

misseeb123
03-22-12, 09:08 AM
My son who is 18 is trying to get off medicines for add as hes trying to get in the army and they said he needs to be off for a year. What vitamins could help with focusing. He is in a trade school and is having difficulty concentrating and with anxiety.

Starter11
06-14-13, 05:42 PM
Vitamin B-6.

There was a study comparing Ritilin, a Placebo and B-6 in combination with Magnesium.

The B-6 students surpassed the Ritilin.

The Magnesium was given with the B-6, to assist students to uptake the B-6.

The study was done in about 1965, and was published in a reputable medical journal. I has a copy of the article, but have not been able to find my copy lately.

I try to take 100 Mg of B-6 in the morning. I did a search for, "Vitamin B-6", on his forum, and found some posts discussing B-6.

//

emily848
06-14-13, 06:06 PM
I take various supplements to help with ADHD symptoms including a B-complex, magnesium, omega-3, and 5-HTP, but meditation is the only thing that has dramatically helped. I strongly recommend it.

The book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross about nutritional therapy has great information about various supplements, but, like I said, regular meditation, for me, has provided much more tangible help than any of the supplements I take.

Lunacie
06-14-13, 06:51 PM
I also take Omega 3 (there has been research showing it's effectiveness),
Magnesium and B-complex (didn't know there was research on those). I
took 5htp for awhile, didn't help me any.

I still need an antidepressant for the cormorbid anxiety and depression.

emily848
06-14-13, 07:54 PM
I forgot to mention GABA, it's good for anxiety or nervous energy/excitement. As I said though, meditation has worked best for me. It is designed to enhance powers of concentration, and also promotes a general sense of calm well-being.

Fraser_0762
06-14-13, 08:28 PM
Magnesium is a great supplement and often understated.

Magnesium is most effective in Chelated form.

Magnesium is great, because it recharges the membrane walls which tend to weaken with long term stimulant usage.

Whether you're taking stimulant medication or not. I would highly recommend the usage of Magnesium supplements.

tudorose
06-17-13, 07:38 AM
magnesium citrate
Omega 3 EPA/DHA
Krill Oil (in 1500mg doses)

If no meds then caffeine

aerica
07-02-13, 08:40 AM
Has anyone tried biometics vitamins? Stumbled across it 2 weeks ago. I just ordered some should be here Friday.

windsoul
01-26-16, 12:10 PM
have to agree with you on that

qanda
01-26-16, 06:34 PM
My daughter takes high EPA fish oil (4 pills have almost 1,000 mg EPA). Other fish oil did not seem to help, but this high EPA fish oil helps with her focus.

Lunacie
01-26-16, 06:51 PM
My daughter takes high EPA fish oil (4 pills have almost 1,000 mg EPA). Other fish oil did not seem to help, but this high EPA fish oil helps with her focus.

The 'good stuff' was on sale once and I tried it. Didn't work as well for me as the cheap stuff I started taking because it was all I could afford.