View Full Version : Adult ADD fact book by Dr. Ron Sterling?

MWalker
03-24-12, 04:35 PM
Has anyone read this book? It is fairly recent and I was thinking of getting it, but thought I might find some opinions first. Thanks.

Retromancer
03-24-12, 04:46 PM
Did you say Rod Serling? :D

pechemignonne
03-24-12, 04:54 PM
I'm team Dr. Russell Barkley, myself... :D

MWalker
03-24-12, 04:58 PM
I swear I read through the first couple of pages to see if anyone had mentioned this book before I posted. A few minutes after posting I see someone else's post about this book halfway down the page. Thank you brain.:doh:

Lunacie
03-24-12, 05:07 PM
I hadn't heard of this book or this doctor/author before. I browsed the reviews on Amazon.com,
there were only six as it's only been on the shelves for a few months.

One person says the doctor explains recent research on ADHD in terms any of us can understand
without being condescending or dumbing it down, and without expressing any personal opinions or agendas.

That sounds awesome, I'll have to check and see if I can get a copy to read through my library lending system.

Notepad
03-24-12, 07:03 PM
It's a really good book. I highly recommend it. It included all sort of problems I used attributed to something else (like having genetic trait for being stupid), which turned out to be s/s of ADD-I would have kept going on wondering what's wrong with me forever otherwise. He is also an excellent doctor and highly recommend him also.

PeterIII
04-05-12, 01:08 PM
Has anyone read this book? It is fairly recent and I was thinking of getting it, but thought I might find some opinions first. Thanks.

This is a GREAT book and I highly recommend it. It is easy to read and more importantly for me (I have adult ADD), it is easy to look facts up because the author was smart enough to give each important point a number (1.1, 1.2, etc). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I downloaded it from Amazon, but I'm sure it available on other sites in electronic or hardcopy.