View Full Version : Question about Xanax

Dicey773
03-26-12, 08:03 PM
Hey, I got a question I carry my pills around with me in there original med bottle and I took one today didn't really do much, but then I looked at the bottom of the bottle and noticed all this powder and I also noticed that the letters and the numbers on the pills are like half worn off on some of the pill, could me carrying around these pill be messing them up as there bouncing around in my pocket, and could this cause the pills to be less active (this is olny my second time taking this pill .5 mg xanax so I don't think I'm building a tolerance already)...... Any advice would help thanx I was going to take another .5 but I didn't think that would be a good idea

purpleToes
03-27-12, 06:59 AM
Yeah, xanax do wear down a little if they're rattling around in a bottle, even more so as humidity gets to them over time. It won't make the medicine less active, just the dose will be imperceptibly smaller. Just treat it as a normal 0.5mg pill, which it very nearly is.

Suggest cushioning the bottle with some cotton so the pills can ride more comfortably. You can also fit 3 or 4 xanax in a Listerine Strips package and leave the rest at home. The Listerine Strips box is tapered so it fits nicely in your watch pocket or your wallet.

Piper30
03-27-12, 07:33 AM
Another suggestion, at Walgreens and WalMart they have these little silver pill bottles that go on your key chain. I don't know what it is made out of or why, but it keeps temp at a good place and I have never ever had trouble with meds breaking, or powder etc .. and I take xanex 3x a day so they were in there. I have since moved onto a cool pill case Coach makes I really like this thing. It has three little travel size bottles in a square (hard) case that zips. That thing has helped me a lot.

Oh I rambled..my bad :)

Dicey773
03-27-12, 09:39 AM
I use to be on .5 of klonopin and it was working great just took a lil to long to kick in when having panic attacks but it crushed my anxiety, well I asked my doc if I could try Xanax being that it kicks in faster, but when I take the Xanax it doesnt do nothing for my anxiety or panic attacks it just knocks my as* out, I'm thinking about calling my doc back and switching back to klonopin but I don't know if he will be cool with that

Maverick420
04-10-12, 07:55 PM
I use to be on .5 of klonopin and it was working great just took a lil to long to kick in when having panic attacks but it crushed my anxiety, well I asked my doc if I could try Xanax being that it kicks in faster, but when I take the Xanax it doesnt do nothing for my anxiety or panic attacks it just knocks my as* out, I'm thinking about calling my doc back and switching back to klonopin but I don't know if he will be cool with that

Why shouldn't he cool with it? The Xanax is not working for you so there is no point in taking it any longer. To comfort your Shrink you could just bring the unused Xanax when you see him and hand the pills over.

I tried Clonazepam and Alprazolam and and the Clona is much easier to control and manage. If you really want to try something else you could ask for Lorazepam but be aware: it has a high sedative effect and probably doesn't fit in your daily schedule.

Spacemaster
04-10-12, 09:55 PM
Tee hee the silver key chains are for nitrostatins, which are placed under the tongue when a person has chest pains. They have to be kept sealed up because they easily lose potency, so the silver thing is for when you have to carry them with you in the event of heart attack. I don't see why you couldn't use them for other pills though, although I can't imagine you can fit very many since nitros are teeny.

tambourine-man
04-22-12, 03:51 PM
I once had my bottle of Mylan Valium in my pocket at a concert (DO NOT buy this brand) and I guess I danced a bit too much because there was nothing left but blue powder in my pill bottle. C'mon, I didn't dance THAT hard.

SnareDrumzZz
04-27-12, 07:19 PM
My mylan valium did that. Mylan is dusty garbage.

AddYourAll
04-27-12, 08:06 PM
unusual that valium did that. i'll carry a bottle with the pills I take everyday, including 1 or 2 xanax, or xanax becomes dust(if in parental bottle shaking all day). or if you get any benzos hot (leave in car) yer screwed.