View Full Version : what meds do you take ? I'm so confused...

1980dd
03-27-12, 05:48 PM
Hi, i'm new to this forum & changed to a new psychiatrist last week.
My old routine ( diagnosed with bi-polar & anxiety) was:
daytime:
2x 2 mg of xanax xr
up to four 1 mg xanax as needed (never took that many!)

at night :
40 mg of paxil
45 mg of remeron (for sleep)
150 mg of seroquel (for sleep & mood-stabilizer)

My new doc put me on 2 x20 mg of adderall ir

I started last week taking 10mg around 8 am, around noon i started feeling horrible. So then i took my second dose and started feeling horrible around 4 pm. I ate a healthy meal ,took a xanax and vit c, b complex,magnesium, omega 3-6-9....still felt horrible...
So one day i decided to take another 10MG, TRYING TO FEEL BETTER but then despite all my other meds & xanax couldnt sleep till 6AM and then only slept for 3 hours. I felt horrible all day.

I tried 5mg but i didnt help....i'm so frustrated with adderall. And im so sick of feeling like crap from 4-10pm

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !
Thanks, desperate newbie :(

1980dd
03-28-12, 12:41 AM
i'm just trying to learn about other people's routines and what & when they take their meds...because ive been dealing with this for 16 years and have tried many combos...

sarahsweets
03-28-12, 04:50 AM
Is the adderall for adhd? What is your dosing schedule for all your meds?

1980dd
03-28-12, 09:56 AM
yes ,it's for adhd. i usually take the first dose @ 8am and then noon (adderall)

xanax xr first dose at 8AM & sometimes around 5 or 6pm to help me with the adderall crash ,but i try to avoid taking it because of tolerance fear

all other meds at bedtime

AddYourAll
03-29-12, 06:03 PM
stimulants sound as if they don't jive with you, why take them if you have bipolar and exacerbates anxiety

Hoshi
04-07-12, 08:53 PM
The not sleeping sounds like what happens when I go manic or mixed. The first sign is my sleep messing up like that, not being able to sleep. My worry is you are on too many mania-triggering meds (Remeron, Paxil, and Adderall) without perhaps enough of an antipsychotic. Since you are only taking the seroquel once a day, perhaps you need to be on another antipsychotic. I am on Geodon and it works well for me with no side effects whatsoever. But that's just me.
Of course, I am not a doctor. I just know a bit about meds because I've been on a lot of them. Good luck.