View Full Version : ADHD coming back after awhile?

amantonas
03-28-12, 09:46 PM
Hey guys,
When I was around the age of 4 or 5 I was diagnosed with ADHD, and I was perscribed medication. That medication made me irritable, not hungry, and it kept me from sleeping. It also made me anxious and kept me from being social. When I was around 9 or 10 I stopped taking the medication, and I immediately got better. My grades, however insignificant they were, dropped after I stopped taking the medication. I was on Methylin 20MG.

Since then, I have gotten B's and A's in honors classes, and have really had no problem. Now, I'm a sophomore and am taking 2 AP classes right now, and I am planning on taking a total of 5 next year, spread across 2 semesters. The AP classes this semester are not an insane workload, but are more than I am used to. I have A's in both of them, but the mental strain makes me SO TIRED after school, that I just don't want to do anything. I'll sit down for an hour in a total haze. I think it's because concentrating all day is so hard for me, that I just collapse when I get home. Do you think this is ADHD, or something else?

spunkysmum
03-28-12, 11:37 PM
I don't think it could be ADHD coming back.....because if you really had it, it never went away.

sarahsweets
03-29-12, 09:45 AM
Adhd is chronic, debilitating and life long.