View Full Version : Question about benzos

Dicey773
03-30-12, 01:43 AM
I would like to know what you guys think would be the best benzo for situational use, i don't have anxiety all day everyday,there are certain situations and places that will flare my anxiety so then and olny then will I use benzos ......."as needed"........would Ativan be good for this.... Any help would be deeply appreciated...... Thanx

trishcan
03-30-12, 02:06 AM
Not sure about the "best," but I take Ativan for that purpose.

Dicey773
03-30-12, 03:22 PM
I e tried klonopin and Xanax klonopin is good just don't think I need a long lasting benzo and Xanax did nothing for my anxiety olny knock my as* out it's just like a sleeping pill on steroids

buddy
03-30-12, 04:33 PM
I take Xanax for anxiety or panic attacks.I don't get like that all the time but there are times when I need to take the .5mg of Xanax.

Dicey773
03-30-12, 05:17 PM
Xanax did nothing for my anxiety just put me to sleep I need something I could take and still function

AddYourAll
04-03-12, 04:03 PM
Xanax did nothing for my anxiety just put me to sleep I need something I could take and still function
there are a million things and ways to go about reducing anxiety. xanax is a sure fire way out of an anxiety attack/xtreme anxiety. need more info, what have you tried? only benzos? tried an ssri/the anti-depressent/anxiety route?first and formost try and identify the genesis of your anxiety?it could be from a med u take, there's a million factors involved, my advice: ask the dr that gave you the xanax

Abi
04-03-12, 05:33 PM
Xanax would be the obvious choice, but since it is too strong for you, you're going to need something moderately-fast acting and not as strong.

I'd recommend 3 mg BROMAZEPAM as needed.

Trade names for this drug include Lectopam, Lexotan, Lexilium, Lexaurin, Brazepam,Rekotnil, Bromaze, and Lexotanil.

known_guy
04-04-12, 12:31 AM
I think that taking a benzodiazepine for situational use is fine. I'm no expert, but I see no reason why taking Xanax or Ativan (what I'd use for such instances given the short time to onset - I mean, if I'm having a panic attack I want/need medication that will work like ASAP) is particularly harmful or anything. The pros outweigh the cons, if taken like this...

Long story short, taking Ativan like that? Good idea, if that's what works for you.