View Full Version : Attention Deficit Disorder & Anti-psychotics

Hyperman87
04-04-12, 10:41 AM
I went to my doc yesterday to get a refill on Vyvanse and Ativan that I take. I told my doctor about my sleeping problems,Intrusive thoughts(he asked if I heard voices I don't) & Anxiety. I'm now prescribed seraquel XR (an Anti-psychotic) and it's not the first time 3 years ago another doctor prescribed me
risperdal it made the ADHD worse and aggravated my Anxiety.I can't stand anti-psychotics

Hyperman87
04-04-12, 08:36 PM
I still have my ADHD stimulant(Vyvanse) & My Anxiety meds(Ativan & Buspar).The Anti-psychotic seroquel xr is for the Intrusive thoughts I mentioned to my doc & the sleep problems.They gave me refill Vyvanse & Ativan scripts today.

Maverick420
04-10-12, 08:46 PM
So how it is working with the Seroquel?

I used to to mix Ritalin and Seroquel for a couple of months. Worked fine for me. In my opionion Seroquel is the best antipsychotic to use it in a combination with Stimulants. In general I would avoid taking antipsychotics if not absolutely necessary and a clear indication has been stated.

It could be that Vyvanse is not working so perfect with Seroquel as Ritalin did in my case. It depends on the receptor profile. You have to experiment and learn.

Maybe an antidepressant with sedative effects like Mirtazapin would be the better course of action here. I stopped using all the atypical antipsychotics. I think they are dangerous and can cause a lot of trouble. I use the good old Haloperidol in low dose. So I have like zero side effects and a quick management of my symptoms.

The Shrinks really do have some kind of Seroquel psychosis. Horrible!