View Full Version : I am meditating to music and find grief.

AnotherPoster
04-07-12, 12:56 PM
I am listening to meditation music on YouTube and allowing myself to "meditate." I am finding myself in a place of unhappiness and grief. I know this is a good thing. I am finding a deeper me. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Life is about serving others. I know this. I just don't know how to separate being a "servant of others" and wanting to bask in my own glory. I admit it. I want to be great! But that's not what it means to be a servant of others. But even Jesus said "he who would be the greatest must be the servant of all."

Which brings me to another spiritual dilemma. I want to be a spiritual man. But when I was going down this road I found myself being persecuted by other "spiritual men" because of my spiritless. It was strange. The busted my chops for being "a wimp" when in fact I thought I was being meek and humble. I don't want to go back there. But I want to be spiritual.

homestead4u
04-07-12, 03:46 PM
Ther is nothing wrong with looking for a higher power.. when I was younger (alot) I listen to Depesh Mode "Somebody" song (read the words as they sing it will make you cry).. it hit home.. there is soo many songs out there that will do it... I cant remember the name of the song but Lady Gaga has a song out about us..if I can remember it I will post it later 4 u .. the video is great also its a hd vid.. Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.. :-)

homestead4u
04-07-12, 03:51 PM
here it is :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

sarek
04-07-12, 04:00 PM
Life is about serving others. I know this. I just don't know how to separate being a "servant of others" and wanting to bask in my own glory. I admit it. I want to be great! But that's not what it means to be a servant of others. But even Jesus said "he who would be the greatest must be the servant of all."

Which brings me to another spiritual dilemma. I want to be a spiritual man. But when I was going down this road I found myself being persecuted by other "spiritual men" because of my spiritless. It was strange. The busted my chops for being "a wimp" when in fact I thought I was being meek and humble. I don't want to go back there. But I want to be spiritual.

He, even if he is a spiritual man, who pursues another has left the path of wisdom. The road that you travel is your own and may no one presume to judge you for it.

nomoredenial
04-07-12, 04:13 PM
i look at it this way. i have to become a better person. i should strive to be great, to improve upon myself, bc in the end, this will empower me to better help those around me. to become educated through school, to advance at my place of employment, gives me more options to better others. i have 4 younger brothers that i need to be an example to, someone that they could possibly look at as a rmentor. as far as finishing college and advancing at work, it will enable me to find a better job, to advance at my job, and to better care for the future family i would like to have. that is what drives me. yes, i may be boastful at times (and i have ppl around me that will check my ego lol) but my drive to better myself comes from a desire to better those im close to (not gloating either, im nothing special). i believe bettering yourself and bettering others can very well go hand-in-hand, its all about your ATTITUDE as an individual. i dont think ppl realize how life mu your attitude can totally change yourlife for the better. as far as that "spiritual" aspect, i wouldnt mind discussing that with you either if you inbox me.

ginniebean
04-07-12, 08:32 PM
You have an ego, it's there for your needs, it interferes but welcome to the human race. You will find, or at least it's been my experience, that there are many who call themselves spiritual who are fraudulent in themselves. It will feel like arrogance and pretentioisness because it is, if you seek their favour you'll be disappointed because some just can't get off their own pedastle long enough to be useful.

Trust your own experience.

Candlewax
05-26-12, 05:53 AM
my advice: don't try to 'be' this or that, whether sprirtual, rich or whatever, because you 'should' be in order to be a 'good' person, but just do what you want to do.

You admitted yourself, that you want to serve others, but at the same time you feel superior because you are so humble. by trying to get away from arrogance, you become it. You can never get away from this game, the more you try to get out of it the more you get tangled up in it. So just forget about it, feel superior without shame, do what you want to do. live your life. from the inside out, rather than from the outside in.