View Full Version : Anyone on Imipramine?

Maverick420
04-10-12, 08:38 PM
I developed a severe depression after I stopped Seroquel. After horrible fight over 3 months I was ready to take an antidepressant. We decided to try Imipramine. Imipramine is the antidepressant first synthesized and introduced to the marked. So it's quite old school. Don't know if it is even available in the US.

It is considered as one of the most powerful antidepressants available. The switch rate into Manie or Hypomanie is around 25%. It is also used as treatment for therapy resistant depression. Imipramine also has markable effects on treating panic disorders and anxiety.

It has a mild sedative effect and can therefore used as sleep aid. In the brain it works mainly as norephedrine reuptake inhibitor. The effects on the serotonin are weaker but still considerable. In the body it is metabolized into the active metabolite Despiramine who was sold as single drug but is now mainly removed from the market.

I choose Imipramine because it doesn't have this horrible withdraw effects the SSRI or SNRI can have. Also my shrink, who is very experienced likes it. After one week I have to admit that I def. notice remarkable changes who can't be explained by placebo or weather change and I am not even on the full dose.

At least for me it seems to be a very powerful medication and I have a lot hope of now that I can find my way out of the depression.

I am curious if somebody else is on Imipramine or of the drug and other trizylic drugs are removed from the US market. I really can't see what is so good about all the SSRI, causing sexual side effects and horrible withdraw effects.

Thanks.

mhadddep
04-29-12, 06:39 PM
Yes, I take 100mg sid with concerta 36mg bid.

Imipramine is the only anti-dep that has worked for me, also-has not S side effects! The HCL formula is 20 dollars a bottle and the Pamoate formula is 350 dollars a bottle! Just FYI. I had an adjustment between the two anytime they varied.

Pinkberry
10-08-13, 02:02 PM
Yes, I take 100mg sid with concerta 36mg bid.

Imipramine is the only anti-dep that has worked for me, also-has not S side effects! The HCL formula is 20 dollars a bottle and the Pamoate formula is 350 dollars a bottle! Just FYI. I had an adjustment between the two anytime they varied.

Have you have any weight gain on this combo?

AlexaN
11-01-13, 10:13 PM
I developed a severe depression after I stopped Seroquel. After horrible fight over 3 months I was ready to take an antidepressant. We decided to try Imipramine. Imipramine is the antidepressant first synthesized and introduced to the marked. So it's quite old school. Don't know if it is even available in the US.

It is considered as one of the most powerful antidepressants available. The switch rate into Manie or Hypomanie is around 25%. It is also used as treatment for therapy resistant depression. Imipramine also has markable effects on treating panic disorders and anxiety.

It has a mild sedative effect and can therefore used as sleep aid. In the brain it works mainly as norephedrine reuptake inhibitor. The effects on the serotonin are weaker but still considerable. In the body it is metabolized into the active metabolite Despiramine who was sold as single drug but is now mainly removed from the market.

I choose Imipramine because it doesn't have this horrible withdraw effects the SSRI or SNRI can have. Also my shrink, who is very experienced likes it. After one week I have to admit that I def. notice remarkable changes who can't be explained by placebo or weather change and I am not even on the full dose.

At least for me it seems to be a very powerful medication and I have a lot hope of now that I can find my way out of the depression.

I am curious if somebody else is on Imipramine or of the drug and other trizylic drugs are removed from the US market. I really can't see what is so good about all the SSRI, causing sexual side effects and horrible withdraw effects.

Thanks.

I was on it, I do not live in the states, I lived in another place back then, then in Germany, in Germany I was on SNRI meds only....I quit imipramine due to HORRIBLE PHYSICAL PAIN. AND MUSCLE PROBLEMS.
Btw, I was on 10 different meds, not all SSRI have withdrawal effects.
I was on 2 that had none at all!