View Full Version : Desoxyn vs. Generic Methamphetamine?

Vito, ADDer
04-12-12, 09:21 PM
I've been taking dextroamphetamine since 1999. It worked the best of all the meds I tried. Alas, it's not available now, and I'm useless without it.

The next most effective med I tried back in 1999 was Desoxyn, so until dex becomes available again (reportedly sometime this coming May), I'm going to give Desoxyn another try.

I've checked with my local Costco pharmacy, and they can get both brand-name Desoxyn and generic methamphetamine tablets (5 mg.). There's a difference in cost, of course, but it's not so great I'm unwilling to go with the brand-name medication if it's more effective, more consistent, or...well, better.

So here's my question: Does anyone have enough experience with both brand-name and generic tablets to provide any information about the differences in effectiveness, quality, or whatever...if any?

Thanks!

tambourine-man
04-13-12, 08:41 AM
I've only tried generic, and while I was quite pleased with it, I've learned that brand is generally always superior.

relax21
04-13-12, 11:34 AM
I've tried both Desoxyn (brand) and Methamphetamine HCl (generic). I found that Desoxyn is slightly smoother and consistent (cleaner feeling) compared with Methamphetamine HCl. Despite that comparison, Methamphetamine HCl is far smoother and consistent than other generic amphetamines IMO. And at the end of the day, Methamphetamine HCl is Desoxyn and Desoxyn is Methamphetamine HCl. 80%-90% of the time Generic Methamphetamine HCl is just as smooth and good as Brand Desoxyn.

In my opinion, don't waste your money on brand Desoxyn, go with Methamphetamine HCl.

Vito, ADDer
04-13-12, 11:57 AM
Thanks for your replies. It generally has been my observation that brand is superior to generic, which is why it occurred to me to ask the question in the first place. However, I also have observed that the differences vary depending on the medication. I suspect it's also true that the difference depends on personal neurochemistry.

So, since this is going to be an experiment anyway, I suppose the only way to know for certain is to get prescriptions for both, and do an A-B comparison.

Thanks again!

LLL14@aol.com
01-03-13, 08:54 PM
I have tried both generic 2011-12 and brand gradument back in 94 to 99. The gradument hit a little harder and made you more like a zombie, the generic really allows you to concentrate more.