View Full Version : Success!

known_guy
04-13-12, 01:30 AM
At long last. I settled on my final medication regimen, at least so long as I am stable for a while. It is written in my signature, but I think it is a bit extensive but I'm not trying to "brag" or anything about it. Just expressing relief. Whew!
Yep, my psychiatrist is awesome and prescribes me both Adderall and Ritalin. :D

Guanfacine | 1mg (b.i.d./t.i.d.)
Lyrica | 150mg (b.i.d./t.i.d.)
Wellbutrin XL | 300mg (am)
Zoloft | 150mg (am)

Adderall | 10mg ; 20mg (b.i.d/p.r.n.)
Ritalin SR | 20mg ; 40mg (b.i.d./p.r.n.)

Remeron | 7.5mg (pm)

purpleToes
04-13-12, 02:27 AM
Great to hear you're feeling good and upbeat! Knock wood, hope this keeps working for you for a long, long time.

Have you noticed any problem with Wellbutrin interfering with your stimulants? I was on Wellbutrin a little over a month, and I loved how calm and easygoing it made me feel, but Dexedrine completely stopped working for me. I was on 150SR 2x a day, discontinued almost a week ago to see if Dex will work again. So far it's been inconsistent.

salleh
04-13-12, 08:33 AM
what kind of dex are you taking ? I didn't understand your 150sr ....wait you take 150 mg of the SR twice a day ? .....is that right ? .....

....are you taking the generic dex or the brand name ......if you're taking the generic ...that could very well be your problem right there ......

the generic is no where near as effacious as the brand name ....never mind that it is supposed to be the same thing .....it ain't ....and that's the thinking of most of us around here.....

or perhaps you might have better luck with the IR version ....personally the sustained stuff doesn't work for me, but I have only taken the genericf, as the brand name is way out of my reach I have to pay out of pocket, as I have no insurance ......

and the IR version right this minute is only made by Barr/Teva, and is not that great .....BUT this summer a company in Georgia Miart is going to be in full produyction of the dex IR and in 7 strengths ....2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 mg .....and they may very well be a company that takes pride in their product and actually follows the formula exactly ......I have every part of me that can be crossed, crossed ....

anything to be free of that cr** made by Barr/Teva......they are notorious for their inconsistancy and poor quality .....

hope this helps

known_guy
04-13-12, 05:52 PM
Great to hear you're feeling good and upbeat! Knock wood, hope this keeps working for you for a long, long time.

Have you noticed any problem with Wellbutrin interfering with your stimulants? I was on Wellbutrin a little over a month, and I loved how calm and easygoing it made me feel, but Dexedrine completely stopped working for me. I was on 150SR 2x a day, discontinued almost a week ago to see if Dex will work again. So far it's been inconsistent.

Many thanks! :D

Thinking back to when I was first put on Wellbutrin (swapping out Strattera) I felt like the Wellbutrin with my stimulant medication (just the Ritalin SR at the time) worked well together. Interesting, I wonder how different SR/XL can be.