View Full Version : psychosis

josh1109
04-18-12, 09:30 AM
Hello all . i need some suppport today.

I am diagnosed ADHD/OCD. Out of the two the ocd is a killer. But i suffer from constant brain chatter. like its talks to me about things that are in front of me like if i see a girl it will say go on you know you want too but it fustrates me because i never want too. i am worried i have psychosis. anyone out there to help me??? please

pechemignonne
04-18-12, 01:22 PM
I think that the only person who could help you would be a mental health professional.

People can't tell you whether or not you are suffering from psychosis by talking to you online.

Best of luck!!

ginniebean
04-18-12, 01:29 PM
I've had psychosis, it doesn't sound like it, sounds like general adhd brain chatter, add in ocd and it's higher fueled brain chatter.

escott
04-23-12, 10:31 PM
I have had that forever it sucks you cant let it bother you. Its like another entity that just wants to hurt you and make you uncomfortable. Ask your doctor about more specific OCD meds. I take Effexor and Anafranil these are like the holy grail of ocd meds.

anonymouslyadd
04-24-12, 12:08 AM
Hello all . i need some suppport today.

I am diagnosed ADHD/OCD. Out of the two the ocd is a killer. But i suffer from constant brain chatter. like its talks to me about things that are in front of me like if i see a girl it will say go on you know you want too but it fustrates me because i never want too. i am worried i have psychosis. anyone out there to help me??? please
You would be experiencing psychosis if you were hearing or seeing things (hallucinations) no one else can or were having delusions.

Megan288
04-24-12, 12:29 AM
yea, if it's your own thought and it's you, your voice, then that i'm not sure if that's psychosis, but I don't think so. But you say "it" as if it's something else that's not your thought or you, telling you to talk to that girl.
If it is your mind and your thoughts telling you to do something that you know you don't want to, that sounds like OCD. Different/other peoples' voices in your head as far as I know, doesn't sounds like OCD, and it's definitely not ADHD.

Is there any other medication?

First and foremost, pechimognne is right. A good dr. will let you know what you should really think about that. Don't let us give you too much of a confirmation or anything. I'm just speculating.

josh1109
04-28-12, 04:27 PM
hello all thanks for all the great answers. i am on Abilify 15mg and Sertraline 100mg but it dosent feel like my thoughts it feels like something else in my head.. i refer to it as a "growth" in my head because it feels like something ever growing trying to inject ideas and thoughts into MY mind.

Megan288
04-28-12, 04:29 PM
hello all thanks for all the great answers. i am on Abilify 15mg and Sertraline 100mg but it dosent feel like my thoughts it feels like something else in my head.. i refer to it as a "growth" in my head because it feels like something ever growing trying to inject ideas and thoughts into MY mind.

is it a voice?

escott
04-28-12, 04:45 PM
Psychosis is a state when you loose all sense of reality you start to halucinate. You can't tell if what your seeing is real. What she is describing is a classic symptom of OCD. I know, I feel the same thing. It unfortunately can be lessened but it's always with you. You learn to ignore it.

josh1109
04-29-12, 03:59 PM
im not sure what is what thats the thing i cannot tell whats what and whats not

tambourine-man
11-06-12, 02:57 AM
I've had psychotic episodes. They are not mildly annoying, they are terrifying, even life threatening. The generally include visual and auditory hsllucinstions, extreme psranoia and delusions, etc... No fun at all!