View Full Version : Inability to Analyze/Think in-depth

zeldarocks
04-19-12, 07:16 PM
It seems like for the longest time --I'd say from Freshman year onwards, I'm an outgoing Senior in HS at the moment-- I've been unable to think critically or deeply about various things; it's as if when I try to connect dots in my head or analyze/research/think critically, that I hit a sort of mental wall and am unable to go any deeper. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was about 5 or 6 if memory serves me; I've outgrown the hyperactivity and the classical symptoms of inattention and impulsivity, yet this issue has developed. I've become overly concerned with this matter, thinking there might be some underlying issue beyond ADHD...

So, is this normal? Is it a manifestation of the ADHD in any way?

Ranmaru
04-20-12, 02:17 AM
I wouldn't know. I think to get thinking critically I have to ease into it... it takes me a while, rather I am slow to start. But once I do, I have alot of content to put on paper. It's just hard to get started. I think this would make sense because generally I wouldn't really think too much about something unless it was actually interesting. And I over-think things without having to. So I have to push myself to think critically, and maybe you do too.

Even so, If I were you I would try my hardest to try and actually think of whatever you had to think of. Be patient with yourself.

xHopesUpHigh
04-20-12, 04:17 PM
Hi there. I'm currently a Sophomore in high school. Admittedly, there are days when I have an extreme amount of difficulty putting a full amount of focus into the analytical part of my studies. I'm currently in the process of being tested for a mathematics disability because of this particular inability to process.

My answer to you would be, I think it varies between individuals. However, ADHD tendencies could very well be a part of it, and I certainly hope that I can work through these details before I get to my Junior year.

My best wishes are with you. Senior year is a rough, yet beautiful time for most.

zeldarocks
04-20-12, 06:06 PM
And I mean, it's not so much that there's a ton of crap going on in my head, but rather that what is going on in my head --whatever it may be I'm trying to think about-- just doesn't seem to come together; it's like, I know what conclusion I want to or need to come to, I just can't grasp at it.

xHopesUpHigh
04-21-12, 02:00 PM
You might want to look into possibly getting tested for a processing issue. In people with ADHD, the synapse in our brains don't lay down the same way a normal functioning brain would, and apparently that can screw around with other functions as well. For me, I have trouble processing numbers and sometimes I have trouble expressing myself verbally.

Overall, I guess it's just chemical imbalances.

Hope you can clear this up for yourself soon. I know how stressful it can be.