View Full Version : Psoriasis,Alopecia, and other physical Gauges for adhd.

TheChemicals
04-20-12, 11:35 PM
Anyone else suffer Alopecia and Psoriasis breakouts when they are going through tough times? I lost Half dollar sized path of hair on the back of my head when i found out something horrible about my family. I also have ugly psoriasis breakouts when im not feeling good, almost to a point where the scalp hurts.

I can rely on these breakouts to gauge how im feeling better than my own emotions which seem to be deadened at times. When my adhd is really bad these breakouts occur.

Ill post later some pics of my issue

ginniebean
04-20-12, 11:58 PM
When I am stressed I am now getting itchy bumps. I don't know what it is.

JOHNCG
04-21-12, 12:16 AM
Anyone else suffer Alopecia and Psoriasis breakouts when they are going through tough times? I lost Half dollar sized path of hair on the back of my head when i found out something horrible about my family. I also have ugly psoriasis breakouts when im not feeling good, almost to a point where the scalp hurts.

I can rely on these breakouts to gauge how im feeling better than my own emotions which seem to be deadened at times. When my adhd is really bad these breakouts occur.

Interestingly there is good evidence that ADHD is associated with a number of minor physical anomalies like: twin cowlicks slightly misshapen pinna (external part of the ear), high palate, oversized or undersized head circumference, atypical palmar creases, etc; in those who have the disorder.

namazu
04-21-12, 06:54 AM
Interestingly there is good evidence that ADHD is associated with a number of minor physical anomalies like: twin cowlicks
You should cite your references!:

Keith T, et al., "Prefrontal cowlicks and phenotypic variation in White males with ADHD", 2011. [Accessed 21 April 2012 at http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97515]

;)

TheChemicals
04-21-12, 11:44 AM
This happened when i was having a very bad time. I left my girl, then my brother fell to drug induced pyschosis which triggered schizophrenia, and finally, learned that my other brother(a drug dealer) was selling cocaine to my mother and schizo younger brother.
My physical body was in terrible condition but mentally i felt sound. I believe that it has to do with my emotional detachment/deadening defense mechanism that makes it difficult to know how i am feeling so i the only way i can tell if im feeling bad is bad the level of physical indicators. Anyone at all go through this?

TheChemicals
04-21-12, 11:50 AM
Above is covered.

TheChemicals
04-21-12, 11:55 AM
Im told it can grow back but its been like this since October. My barber styled it so i can hide it. When i was younger i had all sorts of skin problems because of the tough times...

Remember79
04-21-12, 05:51 PM
I get an outbreak of psoriasis, strong muscle pain, migraine and dizziness whenever I am stressed. It is really really annoying because I expect much more than I am able to perform.

WisconsinMomOf2
04-21-12, 11:10 PM

I've had alopecia breakouts when I've had tough times. I never would have thought to link it to my ADD. I don't have psoriasis breakouts, but I just start itching intensely from head to toe. Not sure why...

Nautilus
05-05-12, 04:33 PM
I do not have hair loss or skin problems.

I do have poor circulation though, and I thought that was related.

I do have two cowlicks! I just learned now that that could be related...cool!! I have a small head circumference as well. I'm pretty sure my pinna, palate and palms are normal, though.