View Full Version : Changing Effexor?

escott
04-23-12, 12:30 AM
I have been on effexor (spelling) for five or so years. I take an incredible amount. When I went down 15 mg to try and change my SSRI it felt like I was detoxing off of a narcotic. Any similar experiences?

hollywood
04-24-12, 03:04 PM
boy your just changing everything. What is your opinion of effexor and how it worked and made you feel energy wise? More ? Less? I hear its a difficult withdraw. I hear the best way is to wean using prozac due to the long half life. Why not spare torturing yourself and do that?

escott
04-24-12, 03:40 PM
It takes away my OCD I hate taking all medication.

hollywood
04-24-12, 03:49 PM
Escott,

By the way your writing I may not want to go near effexor. I was thinking about taking it because I thought it may shift my thoughts and help me focus on more relevant things. Grammatically right about now I'm not really following what your throwing down. You are okay right? I hope so bro. Its coming across pretty off kilter.

escott
04-24-12, 09:27 PM
You have always known me on effexor and nothing really has changed except a few life altering events but no im good. :)

escott
04-24-12, 09:31 PM
I have tried to explain before that effexor, latuda, and anafranil bring down my illness 80 percent. What else is there to do exposure therapy, DBT, that stuff doesn't work on me. Only surgery or medications. ...

escott
04-24-12, 09:33 PM
Maybe I'm a little off kilter because everything and everyone were striped away from me and no one said or did anything to help. Im trying to live and let live it will get better.

hollywood
04-25-12, 09:57 AM
I hope you get better soon bra, because your grammar and vernacular and general ability to make a clear and concise point in written english is broke.

Ha ha ha , holy cow. Sorry man. Don't mean to rip you into shreds.

escott
04-25-12, 01:19 PM
Effexor is a drug that has helped me personally. I dont even feel it. It has very few side effects. Unless there is a medical reason involved then why play with fire.

Addkon
04-25-12, 02:31 PM
Not many people even docs know this trick:

To minimize or eliminate withdrawal from SNRIs and SSRIs you can take Prozac (Fluoxetine) for a week or so.

It's long half life works in it's favor in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome#Fluoxetine_as_an_int ervention

hollywood
04-25-12, 03:36 PM
Dually noted, I mentioned it before and it went straight over his head and flew into the sandtrap.

escott
04-25-12, 04:12 PM
All under the supervision of a doctor.