View Full Version : probably the wrong place

scooby23
04-30-12, 06:05 PM
Hey I was just wondering what do you guys do to stay focused on your work outs? I have been trying to work out at home but when ever I start i instantly get distracted by some random bull **** like tv computer phone etc

Does anybody else have these problems? I also take concerta 54 mg 1 hour before I TRY to begin my work out and I never ever ever ever complete it :(

Would really appreciate some help thanks

I know my grammar sucks but IDGAF :D!

namazu
04-30-12, 07:22 PM
For me, shorter/more diverse workouts work best, for that reason...I get bored otherwise.

Also I do a lot of low-intensity exercise interspersed throughout the day during breaks from work.

But for higher-intensity stuff...

- Can you put a TV where you work out (if you have a stationary bike or treadmill or something)? Then you can get your TV fix while working out.

- Good music can help.

- Rope someone into being your workout partner.

- Maybe working out at home isn't the best for you -- maybe going to a gym or exercising outside somewhere (weather-permitting) would work better for you?

Good luck!

scooby23
04-30-12, 07:27 PM
i would go to the gym but i get paranoid when im in public i hate the thought of people looking at me when im working out

I dont know if there are other people on this forum like me but am i the only one who spazes out and gets nervous when their there center of attention?

homestead4u
05-01-12, 10:55 AM
One thing I do b4 doing anthing is turn of ringers of cells and house phones and turn up the volume on the strereo very very loud ... the music pumping keeps me going
:-)

Japery
05-02-12, 07:21 AM
i'd say try and do the exercise some where other than your house, the gym is an obvious choice but if your not keen on that maybe just go for a run near your house somewhere,
Alternatively you could try some kind of sport or club.

meadd823
05-03-12, 04:16 AM
i would go to the gym but i get paranoid when im in public i hate the thought of people looking at me when im working out

I dont know if there are other people on this forum like me but am i the only one who spazes out and gets nervous when their there center of attention?

Gosh will it help to know that working out in a gym rarely qualifies any one for the center of attention - Working out at a bus stop or in a cubical at work might generate a brief raise of eyebrows, some places it may get ya the center of attention long enough to be embarrassed.

Every one works out in a gym - no biggies. All those folks out there with you are seen by you just as you are seen by them. When I realized most folks were more concerned with their work out than they were with mine I quit being nervous about being noticed -

I do better in a group thing than alone.

TV and computer for me have to stay off until I am done other wise it just ain't gonna happen.

I also do little things to increase my exercise through out the day - I will park further from the front door of a store to increase my walking and take stairs instead of the elevator, dogs owner have the perfect reason for a quick walk around the block ect . . .the idea of exercise is to move as much as possible.

choco222
05-09-12, 05:46 AM
go swimming:) That's what I do and I love it.