View Full Version : Allergies and anxiety?

Amtram
05-08-12, 04:08 PM
Especially those folks in the Northeast US - I'm experiencing this, and so are a couple of friends, an onset of anxiety over the last week, and I'm wondering if there might be a connection. All the new pollen and spores make us produce histamines, and even though the connection with the histamine receptors is kind of remote, I was thinking about it. Anyone else getting panic/anxiety without anything changing in their lives or meds?

cattail
05-09-12, 02:17 AM
Allergies make me very foggy and unable to concentrate which makes me anxious because I get behind and everything takes so much more mental effort.

Traveler5
05-09-12, 04:19 PM
Especially those folks in the Northeast US - I'm experiencing this, and so are a couple of friends, an onset of anxiety over the last week, and I'm wondering if there might be a connection. All the new pollen and spores make us produce histamines, and even though the connection with the histamine receptors is kind of remote, I was thinking about it. Anyone else getting panic/anxiety without anything changing in their lives or meds?

Allergies can make a person frustrated which, I guess, could cause anxiety in them. Especially if that person is prone to having anxiety. I don't know why allergies by themselves would cause severe anxiety such as panic.

Conman
05-09-12, 04:23 PM
ive always had allergies, although in my older years my animal allergies are almost nonexistant. im only allergic to my grandma's shih tzu, my aunt's house since she has 5 cats and a dog which overloads my system since theyre everywhere (although the dog is so loving and awesome, the cats hide from visitors), and horses. but my plant allergies remain, especially pollen, that's my worst allergy. strangely enough im not allergic to bees, but if one covered in pollen stings me, i may have a serious problem, let's hope it never happens.

as a child i was also told ive got ADHD-C and Anxiety problems. my anxiety problems have faded if my memory serves, although i can still get very worried and make damn sure ive got the right info regarding important things i do, especially if i know something bad may happen to me because of something i did (or didnt do) and i get panicky.

sarek
05-09-12, 04:35 PM
I have allergies for pollen in addition to a few food allergies. When its hay fever season I feel I am far more distractable than normal.