View Full Version : Strong sense of touch

Clouded-Mind
05-08-12, 10:14 PM
Ever since I was a kid I've always enjoyed rolling smooth, round objects on my fingertips I'm not sure why it just feels therapeutic like a massage however I looked like a massive freak whenever I did it.

It was only last year that I learned about these sensory traits and it became apparent to me that my sense of touch is different I was just curious if anyone here also finds touching a particular surface wondrous or just plain disgusting I personally can't bear to touch sandpaper it's like hearing a chalkboard being scratched.

CheekyMonkey
05-09-12, 01:05 AM
I know a lot of us here have sensory issues. Most of mine are aversive, although I LOVE weighted blankets :)

I cannot touch unfinished ceramic or chalk without freaking out. My socks cannot have any loose threads or seams on my toes. My shoes need to be tied at exactly the same tightness. If I have dry hands it is extremely painful. The list goes on! :lol:

Clouded-Mind
05-09-12, 01:44 AM
I know a lot of us here have sensory issues. Most of mine are aversive, although I LOVE weighted blankets :)

I cannot touch unfinished ceramic or chalk without freaking out. My socks cannot have any loose threads or seams on my toes. My shoes need to be tied at exactly the same tightness. If I have dry hands it is extremely painful. The list goes on! :lol:

Dry hands hurt does that mean you always have to wear gloves or constantly keep wetting them?

CheekyMonkey
05-09-12, 01:58 AM
Dry hands hurt does that mean you always have to wear gloves or constantly keep wetting them?

I just make sure to always have lotion. If I don't then I will have to keep getting them wet, which makes it worse. I just have emergency lotion wherever I am. :lol: