View Full Version : lexapro and memory

hollywood
05-10-12, 02:40 PM
I seem to have an issue with lexapro and I don't know it temporary. I'll be emailing or whatever and then I'm looking at the email and don't seem to remember what I'm doing or what I'm writing. Then I'll think and won't be sure if I checked something or whatever. Its really f ***ed up.

G252013
05-10-12, 02:43 PM
I seem to have an issue with lexapro and I don't know it temporary. I'll be emailing or whatever and then I'm looking at the email and don't seem to remember what I'm doing or what I'm writing. Then I'll think and won't be sure if I checked something or whatever. Its really f ***ed up.

You got it buddy !!! Go get em

hollywood
05-10-12, 02:48 PM
I enjoy a good patronizing . That being said , study up son and come back with something worthwhile. I'll let you know when it's a zinger.

G252013
05-10-12, 02:55 PM
Your so Lexapro lately your gonna start looking like Lex Luger!

hollywood
05-10-12, 02:57 PM
Lexapro sucks . I hate it . I can't foresee myself living life more effectively on it. Period. It just makes you stupid. I guess until I change things I will be thinking about stuff thats bothering me until I make the changes myself.

Vector
05-10-12, 03:19 PM
Hey Hollywood,

I'm sorry to hear escitalopram is not working so well for you yet. How long have you been using it? I have read that it can take a few weeks before the bad side-effects, like the foggyness you mentioned, disappear. So, I would at least use it 3 weeks consistently before deciding whether or not Lexapro is helpful for you.

hollywood
05-10-12, 04:12 PM
Yeah I guess I have no alternative other than to take it at night. I read reviews and so many people talk about the fatigue and then I think well I'm already not thinking well on it and think to give up. I guess I'll take it at night and keep going. Cymbalta didn't seem to have that effect on my cognition .

G252013
05-10-12, 06:27 PM
You take your Lexapro today?

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads//7525/7525.jpg

G252013
05-10-12, 06:44 PM
I may actually switch to Lex and do a night dose too.

Effexor insomnia is too brutal, and it does not like Focalin taken with it during the day

Osakhomen
05-19-12, 07:28 PM
For my depression and anxiety, lexapro worked pretty well... however, I had the worst short term memory on it... and I gain a ton of weight... so yeah, I didn't realize that until 4 years later (I went on it off and on it).

Driver
05-19-12, 07:51 PM
For me, when I was on Lexapro, I found it just made my ADHD and sleep apnea worse, which just made everything a whole lot worserer.

For me it made it worse by a mild sense of depersonalisation (didn't realise it at the time until I spoke to my p-doc some time after quitting). And it made my sleep apnea worse (which I didn't know I had at the time) by drying out my mucus membranes and thus made my snoring et al a whole lot worse. Those two things combined just made life so much harder for me. But at the time, I had no idea what was going on so I plodded along for a few years none the wise. I wasn't until I quit that I realised how much better things were off it.

hollywood
05-21-12, 09:49 AM
I have sleep apnea and I dont' know if lex made that worse but I'll tell you one thing . I don't like lexapro so it's out. I won't do effexor so it's out. I like wellbutrin and it's necessary to keep me from drifting off . No people , it's a drug and it has side effects , so I may get a few on it and the clinical dose of 300mgs will probably give me some too. The trade off is worth it in the short run though. Increase of drive in trade for apathy is something I'll swap for and the mental drive to get out of my job and in a new one is also again worth it. Every ssri excluding prozac is out. I have 3 drugs left to complement my elimination of situational depression. I will increase wellbutrin to 300mgs back over a week or two. Going on is easier than stopping probably because the added drive is needed and I'm used to it. Secondly cymbalta will work for me regarding controlling feelings of worry and stress stemming from my job and it's natural to feel like this in my job because it sucks a s s.. Secondly, I'll consider prozac, yet I think I'm a bit over the top on prozac hence cymbalta is a better first option. Last resort is savella. I expect cymbalta very low dose and wellbutrin with stims will be the answer. I'm about 99 percent certain due to all my trials.