View Full Version : Stupid sh*t I say

itsanADHDthing
05-20-12, 01:34 AM
I will be talking with my girlfriend and something will just come out without me thinking about it (whether it be good/bad, sexual, loving, joking, etc) and she will get mad with me. thing is, i dont realize the impact of what i am saying before hand... i just say it...

how do i get her to understand that I care for her and wouldnt be with her if I thought bad of her, and that stuff just comes out

help keep me out of the dog house :eek:

Massari
05-21-12, 05:24 PM
I will be talking with my girlfriend and something will just come out without me thinking about it (whether it be good/bad, sexual, loving, joking, etc) and she will get mad with me. thing is, i dont realize the impact of what i am saying before hand... i just say it...

how do i get her to understand that I care for her and wouldnt be with her if I thought bad of her, and that stuff just comes out

help keep me out of the dog house :eek:

You need to focus on thinking before you talk. Also, girls love getting mad for no particular reason, it's part of their portfolio. I noticed that too, it's very different from being with your best friend who never got mad at anything...girls get mad. You just need to get used to it.

Jungle
05-25-12, 12:40 AM
My ex-girlfriend broke up with me for this exact reason. I told her that people make fun of her, but what I really meant was that I would be willing to stand up for her IF other people made fun of her. It happens to all of us, don't feel alone.

As for your question about how to make her feel like you still care about her, my answer is that it varies for different girls. I was unfortunate enough to date a self-conscious girl who was actually REALLY hurt by what I said, but I can imagine that a lot of a girls would love it if you could explain to them WHY you can't censor yourself and that the majority of the time, it's false.

Girls envision a guy who will protect them and stand up for them. A lot of times actions will speak louder than words.