View Full Version : wellbutrin augmentation

hollywood
05-21-12, 10:18 AM
I'm almost there. I think I have a better grasp on this situation and how to treat this thing here lately. I have had situational apathy and lack of motivation where I'm at. I will add wellbutrin back in and thats going to subside and I'm going to get a bit more logical shortly, and I bit more obsesive about clearing a depression. I'm going to have to augment wellbutrin with cymbalta or prozac. Regarding feeling tired , which one is better generally speaking? I notice a dip in anxiety and improvements in socializing tremendously with prozac but feel more job oriented and less impulsive with cymbalta. Cymbalta can make one drag a bit... For my depression to totally lift I"m going to have to stop self accessing myself constantly. Which one in low dose do you guys think will not knock me out in the process. Both have a tendency to slow me down but I've felt while less impulsive on cymbalta it does tend to make one more tired in my short experience. Any suggestions or feedback. I don't plan to wait long before pulling the trigger on starting either medication. Its essential in my recovery.

gatorADDe
05-21-12, 11:21 AM
I'm almost there. I think I have a better grasp on this situation and how to treat this thing here lately. I have had situational apathy and lack of motivation where I'm at. I will add wellbutrin back in and thats going to subside and I'm going to get a bit more logical shortly, and I bit more obsesive about clearing a depression. I'm going to have to augment wellbutrin with cymbalta or prozac. Regarding feeling tired , which one is better generally speaking? I notice a dip in anxiety and improvements in socializing tremendously with prozac but feel more job oriented and less impulsive with cymbalta. Cymbalta can make one drag a bit... For my depression to totally lift I"m going to have to stop self accessing myself constantly. Which one in low dose do you guys think will not knock me out in the process. Both have a tendency to slow me down but I've felt while less impulsive on cymbalta it does tend to make one more tired in my short experience. Any suggestions or feedback. I don't plan to wait long before pulling the trigger on starting either medication. Its essential in my recovery.

I've tried wellbutrin and Prozac separately, but not together. The antidepressants don't work well for me at all. They make me feel out of touch with myself and the outside world. Prozac has a bit of a stimulating feeling so that may be good choice if lethargy is a side effect you're concerned about. Have you ever tried just taking wellbutrin? Also do you take a medication for ADHD?

hollywood
05-21-12, 11:58 AM
Yes I have tried wellbutrin alone , it's helpful but I'm still focused on my problems but it helps restore my drive and motivation in trying to get out of my current situation. So after trial and error and going with and without I feel its necessary to pull me out of this depression. It's been tricky and I dont like antidepressants either but I guess after seeing and evaluating several things the one common thing is that I can see is that I dont feel normal when waking up and going to my current job. I just cannot shake it. I feel fine other places but not here and its been deeply branded in my mind so I cannot rid myself of this. I think prozac may be the key here .

gatorADDe
05-21-12, 12:09 PM
Yes I have tried wellbutrin alone , it's helpful but I'm still focused on my problems but it helps restore my drive and motivation in trying to get out of my current situation. So after trial and error and going with and without I feel its necessary to pull me out of this depression. It's been tricky and I dont like antidepressants either but I guess after seeing and evaluating several things the one common thing is that I can see is that I dont feel normal when waking up and going to my current job. I just cannot shake it. I feel fine other places but not here and its been deeply branded in my mind so I cannot rid myself of this. I think prozac may be the key here .

It's worth a shot! I've been taking prozac for a lil over a month now and haven't noticed anything seriously bad from it, but I also haven't noticed anything seriously good. Hopefully you have better luck with it if you decide to try it.

hollywood
05-21-12, 12:38 PM
I don't think I need major neuroscience on my head though. I think its just a small tweak so I don't focus on me and that will let me focus on other things.