View Full Version : Interesting Article on the Banning of Food Dyes in China

ccom5100
05-23-12, 02:05 PM
The dangers of these chemicals to children's health is becoming more and more recognized around the world. Hopefully China will consider banning it from foods manufactured for export as well:

http://www.whydye.org/2012/04/the-plan-to-ban-the-ministry-of-health-of-the-peoples-repbulic-of-china-plans-to-ban-the-use-of-17-artificial-food-dyes/

sarahsweets
05-23-12, 09:54 PM
It was a good article. The link to the WP article they provided was interesting too. Additives suck, they are like poison to us. I don't want them in my foods, I try hard to avoid them but I admit there are some guilty pleasures of mine that sneak them in.(nobodys perfect) The only downside that I found was the link that was The link to center for public science...once Feingold got thrown into the mix it caused an unnecessary slant on an article that was really really good.

ginniebean
05-23-12, 10:55 PM
Well good for China! I hope other countries follow suit!

oneup
05-23-12, 11:28 PM
Thanks for posting!

I found this part really interesting:

"Their research, in The Lancet in September, was the evidence that artificial additives worsened the behaviour of normal children as well as those diagnosed with ADHD."

--from the last link at the bottom of the article

...so all those people who think they are treating their kids ADHD with diet, maybe not? But then maybe it could be caused by diet, if you are feeding your kid stuff with lots of additives? Makes sense to me anyways, and explains lots of those studies re: dietery restrictions and benefits in kids.