View Full Version : Nervous breakdown, what will work?

425runner
05-23-12, 07:34 PM
I've been on Wellbutrin XL 150 for about 11 days now, I take it in the morning and the energy lasts till noon. After that I get very emotional, feeling sad and ruminating about the past.

I had a mental breakdown 2 weeks ago, never recovered from it - still crying etc. what AD would be the best? :confused: I've tried all the SSRI's except Zoloft and Prozac. Doc pushed Cymbalta cause I have chronic pain but don't think there's a generic yet. Only took Effexor for one day...heard the withdrawals are brutal. I'm already on Klonopin 1mg/day but that just numbs the feelings and lets me sleep at night. Besides, the hangover next day is not pleasant.....

trishcan
05-23-12, 09:33 PM
Why didn't you stick with Effexor? It was the best med I found for depression.

Rebelyell
05-23-12, 09:36 PM
Maybe see if you can figure out the problem and directly deal w it directly head on .Meds help but they cant solve all of lifes problems unfortunately

425runner
05-23-12, 09:47 PM
True, I'm going to see a therapist next week. One who specializes in ADD so I'm hopeful this will help. I've been suppressing my feelings for so long I think this all just needs to come out and be dealt with, as unpleasant as it may be.

Maybe see if you can figure out the problem and directly deal w it directly head on .Meds help but they cant solve all of lifes problems unfortunately

425runner
05-23-12, 09:49 PM
It made me so dizzy and nauseaous, my head was spinning and I couldn't do anything. It was awful! Besides, I keep hearing horror stories about withdrawal when you stop it. Getting off SSRI's was enough for me....

Why didn't you stick with Effexor? It was the best med I found for depression.

trishcan
05-23-12, 09:53 PM
Got it. I found starting Effexor was about 25 times as difficult as stopping it (which happened mostly by accident and with no withdrawal).