View Full Version : why is effexor awesome

hollywood
05-25-12, 02:06 PM
Question all ssri's are horrible and the other snri's really suc k and they
they su ck in a really awesome way . They are the kings of suc king by and large. One thing though, effexor is pretty much awesome. I'd really like to know why ? It basically rules and stops depression and anxiety and makes my adhd more in control. Do any of you trolls and gremlins want to explain why that is?

G252013
05-25-12, 02:12 PM
its awesome because i used to take it!!!!!! get with the program son

crystal8080
05-25-12, 02:18 PM
Hmmm....well when you put it that way...its because if you paddle a wooden canoe up a tree backward it takes 2 pancakes to get to the moon. Why? Because snakes don't have armpits.

Seriously, what works for you won't work for someone else. What works for someone else, might not work for you. I did not do well on antidepressants, any of the ones I tried, including Effexor. But Im glad it works for you. :)

hollywood
05-25-12, 02:21 PM
I mainly hate all of them as well and I'm sure they are not to fond of me as well. Yet , you have to love that metal taste as a colleague once told me.

425runner
05-27-12, 01:16 PM
I only took it once, made me sick as a dog. Nausea, dizziness, feeling out of it....really not pleasant plus keep hearing the horror stories about withdrawals...

What dose are you taking hollywood?

hollywood
05-28-12, 01:03 AM
37 it works . You can ween with prozac

425runner
05-28-12, 07:06 PM
Are you even depressed? That seems like a very low dose :rolleyes: but hey..I was taking 5mg Lexapro too. My neuro prescribed 75mg of Effexor XR and that's what I took just once. Are you taking Wellbutrin as well?

37 it works . You can ween with prozac

hollywood
05-28-12, 07:49 PM
Maybe it's too low . I am going to take 37.5mg tomorrow . I would suspect I
Have been in major stress , depression and a negative environment . No , I don't want to kill myself . Basically I have been working with my dad whoom I hate for 5 years . It's awful and he is the type to not allow his son to earn commissions that they all
Get and then tell you money is tight , then he rolls up in a new Porsche !

hollywood
05-28-12, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah , Ive been on Wellbutrin and it works great. I tried 300 today , but feel it backs me up at that dose . So I will drop back to 150 tomorrow . Stims aren't effective for me at 300 mg Wellbutrin . So with that being said I will be better if I can stop re thinking in circles which yes is a part of anxiety , stress , depression .