View Full Version : Britney Spears Has ADHD (Article)

jace49
06-02-12, 09:05 AM
So that's why she keeps walking off the set of X Factor...

Radar Online reports that the reason Britney Spears left the judge's table several times at the X Factor auditions in Austin, Texas is because she has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and can't take medication for it.

A source said: "Britney was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in her teens and used to take medication for it. The medication helped her deal with it, however, she can't take it now because it interferes with the other medications she takes for her mental health issues. Britney's current team of doctors strictly prohibit her from taking Adderall or Ritalin, which are commonly given to people with ADHD. Simon was made fully aware of Britney's medical history before the contract was signed, so this certainly isn't a big surprise that she needs to take breaks during the audition process. Look, Britney basically has the attention span of a 10-year-old at times. It's not alarming to Simon at all and he is fully supportive of Britney doing whatever she needs to do during filming."

The Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Association reports that 8 million adults suffer from ADHD. Symptoms include overall restlessness, poor sustained attention to tasks and impaired impulse control.

The source added :"Britney's medical team works with her to deal with her disorder without medication and daily vigorous exercise is what often works best for Britney. Her nutrition is closely monitored and so is her caffeine intake, because that can also enhance Britney's inability to focus. Simon knew what he was dealing with before he ever signed her to join the show and it's not shocking to him. Of course, it's rather disconcerting for people that see her do it for the first time but it's truly nothing to be alarmed at. In fact, Simon would have been surprised if she hadn't taken breaks during judging last week, this means she is involved and engaged in the process."

Spears has a one year deal for $15 million dollars, with an option for a second year if Cowell and Spears agree. Spears also snapped at Simon Cowell last Thursday when he trashed a contestant, and said to him: "You are so RUDE, Simon." The X Factor will air this fall on Fox.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/240689/Britney-Spears-Has-ADHD.htm

Abi
06-02-12, 09:13 AM
It has been widely speculated that "other mental illnesses" = bipolar.

Which makes sense since stimulants can trigger hypo/manic episodes in bipolar sufferers.

sarahsweets
06-02-12, 10:54 AM
Uh Yeah, I venture to guess BPD

anonymouslyadd
06-02-12, 10:55 AM
I'm wondering why an American publication wouldn't be reporting this.

Spacemaster
06-02-12, 11:14 AM
We wouldn't want our favorite stars to be whackos with mental disorders like ADHD and Bipolor :P It's all about image, right?

I feel sorry for her. Us unfamous folk have enough problems dealing with our hellish disorders. I can't imagine all our ***** ups being played out in the media. I guess it never occurred to me that Brit had ADHD or possibly Bipolar. Now that I sit here and think over the last few years, it makes sense!

I have a newfound sympathy for Britney. I've never really liked her or her music, but as a person I'm feeling for her.

How many of us feel like we are always treated like children by the adults around us? Condescending remarks, chastisement, etc. etc. etc. The poor girl managed to make it big, and she is STILL being treated like a child. Doesn't her father still have control over much of her financial matters and such? I guess I'm not up on the current celeb news, but last I heard, she still isn't allowed to fully control her own assets/medical decisions.

PookDo
06-02-12, 01:11 PM
shocker. I was going to say I thought she was Bi Polar . Isn't Catherine Zeta Jones Bi Polar

Retromancer
06-02-12, 05:52 PM
Wow this is SO challenges some stereotypes!

:rolleyes:

PookDo
06-02-12, 06:32 PM

how so?

Abi
06-02-12, 07:17 PM
shocker. I was going to say I thought she was Bi Polar . Isn't Catherine Zeta Jones Bi Polar

CZJ is indeed Bipolar

jiffyPOP
06-02-12, 09:11 PM

how so?

:giggle: the little blue emoticon :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: is the sarcastic one :)

Blueranne
06-02-12, 09:34 PM
CZJ is indeed Bipolar

I like the initials CZJ... much better that BS!

Rebelyell
06-03-12, 04:55 PM
I just thought she was having a typical blonde moment:D

Fraser_0762
06-03-12, 06:49 PM
I just thought she was having a typical blonde moment:D

Nah. She thought that too, so she shaved all her hair off, but she was still a complete nutter. :-)

gracious_mama
06-03-12, 08:55 PM
Nah. She thought that too, so she shaved all her hair off, but she was still a complete nutter. :-)

Oh my god I laughed for forever after reading that....thanks I must have needed a laugh.

anonymouslyadd
06-03-12, 10:49 PM
I have a newfound sympathy for Britney. I've never really liked her or her music, but as a person I'm feeling for her.
I felt bad for her when the media wouldn't leave her alone. I guess that was around 2006. When you're famous, you're free game, but I think they took it too far.

I think she's incredibly strong.

shamrock
06-29-12, 06:23 AM
I feel for her. This cant be easy to deal with this in the public eye but my first reaction on reading this was to have a heartsink moment. Picture the media getting hold off this. Now picture the next poor unfortunate to go to their docs saying they think they have Add and bipolar. Many docs will eye roll. When bipolar really started appearing in the media this side of the atlantic there were a lot of acerbic and quite frankly snotty articles written by people in the medical profession saying things along the lines of " Not another patient who thinks they have bipolar" Now it will be not another patient who thinks they have add and bipolar. Thats all very well and I sympathise with docs if they genuinely have a waiting room full of faux Add/bipolar patients but what about the people who do have it? Its not their fault that it is now seen as becoming glamorous because Brittany has it. The type of media coverage that this will attract usually becomes a double edged sword.

seamstress
06-29-12, 11:04 AM
Lol. you beat me to opening up a new thread about this subject. To be honest, I wasn't surprised! I always felt like I related to her somehow. Although, I am sure a lot of other girls did in their teens. Haha! Either way, I always defended her. Maybe because I always root for the underdog or if it's because I kind of sensed a kindred spirit..But, for someone who has ADHD , she juggles a lot of different things at the same time! Also.. did you guys know that Paris Hilton has AD/HD ...and that so did Einstein? It just goes to show that those of us with AD/HD come from all walks of life, and "AD/HD" may be an umbrella term for a whole set of different "disorders" or "personalities", which have some things in common.

Retromancer
06-29-12, 02:14 PM
Wow. It isn't everyday that you see Einstein linked to Paris Hilton in a sentence. ADD Forums -- almost as good as Youtube comments.

Also.. did you guys know that Paris Hilton has AD/HD ...and that so did Einstein?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/youtube.png

shamrock
06-29-12, 03:04 PM
To be honest, I wasn't surprised! I always felt like I related to her somehow. Either way, I always defended her. if it's because I kind of sensed a kindred spirit..

I was actually going to write that in my reply!! So did I. However it wasnt the Add I felt but the bipolar bit.

seamstress
07-02-12, 01:07 AM
Wow. It isn't everyday that you see Einstein linked to Paris Hilton in a sentence. ADD Forums -- almost as good as Youtube comments. Lol ..that's what makes the ADD mind so great! Being able to link disparate ideas and see connections that other people might not be able to. At least I'd like to think so..makes me feel better :lol:

ana futura
07-02-12, 01:25 AM
Sadly we don't get to claim Einstein- if he had anything it was likely Asperger's, not ADHD. But hey, we still get Paris! Woooooo!

Fortune
07-02-12, 02:32 AM
Einstein couldn't have AS. He had a speech delay.

ana futura
07-02-12, 02:57 AM
Einstein couldn't have AS. He had a speech delay.

This says asperger's-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm

but I've also seen HFA.

I think Temple Grandin's actual diagnosis was asperger's, but she also had a speech delay. There seems to be a lot of confusion between HFA and apserger's.

Fortune
07-02-12, 03:20 AM
This says asperger's-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm

but I've also seen HFA.

I think Temple Grandin's actual diagnosis was asperger's, but she also had a speech delay. There seems to be a lot of confusion between HFA and apserger's.

Yeah, it's rubbish. Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_syndrome

One of the traits that is supposed to exclude Asperger's is a speech delay.

I don't have an opinion on the whole "Einstein Syndrome" thing, just pointing out that claiming Einstein had AS has more to do with presenting AS as more of a superpower than a disability than it does with Einstein himself.

Also, Temple Grandin's diagnosis was autism. Asperger's as a diagnosis didn't exist in NA until the early 1990s, and she was born in the late 1940s. She says her presentation is currently more like Asperger's than autism, but that is actually fairly common for autistic adults, to the point that multiple researchers don't see a significant difference between high-functioning autistic adults and adults diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

ana futura
07-02-12, 04:56 PM
I don't have an opinion on the whole "Einstein Syndrome" thing, just pointing out that claiming Einstein had AS has more to do with presenting AS as more of a superpower than a disability than it does with Einstein himself.

I definitely agree with this, and if Einstein did have HFA he was likely successful in spite of it, not because of it. I don't know what it's like to have HFA or AS, but from what I know about ADHD it seems highly unlikely that he had it. He did poorly in school and he made his wife do everything for him, but the similarities seem to end there.

Thanks for explaining about Temple, I was confused because I'd seen her saying she had asperger's, but I also knew that it was a more recent diagnosis.

Asperger's is about to be eliminated right? With the new DSM it will all be HFA?

Fortune
07-02-12, 09:34 PM
With the new DSM it will all be ASD (autism spectrum disorder). HFA and LFA are not themselves diagnoses, but rather descriptions of presentation.

jace49
07-07-12, 09:11 AM
Britney Spears is battling attention deficit hyperactivity disorder

Note: This post is by 'TheReadingClinic' (Dialog based reading and writing tutorials for children with special learning requirements) for awareness about ADHD and dyslexia in children.

The American recording artist Britney Spears has released four compilation albums, 34 official singles, seven studio albums and two promotional singles. This popular singer has sold over 100 million albums across the globe and there are a total of 28.6 million digital singles in USA alone. She is considered to be one of the best-selling artists of all time and the United States Billboard has ranked as the eighth most popular artists of all times and she is also considered as the best selling female artist of the 21st century. According to reports by the recording industry Association of America, Britney Spears has 33,000,035 albums and according to them she is the eighth top-selling female artist in the United States.

She had to go through real tough time in 2007 and it was not until the release of her fifth studio album Blackout that she was able to make herself a prominent name in the music industry. She did start off on a good note in November 1998 with her debut single Baby One More Time but that was more of a flash in the pan and except for a couple of sporadic singles and her first Grammy award she mostly spent time trying to figure out how to make things better.

Well, why are we discussing about Britney Spears? Okay, let's cut to the chase - according to reports published by at popular website showbizspy.com, Britney Spears is a patient of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. All those achievements and the docs say that she can't concentrate? Isn't success supposed to be directly proportional to the total amount of attention and dedication towards a particular subject? So we have been told, but maybe Britney Spears could have made it even bigger had she not had the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

This 30-year-old pop singer is judge at the United States television show The X Factor and we did see her walk out of the show a couple of times earlier, but we didn't know it was ADHD that prevented her from focusing on her work. The actress and singer has confessed that she was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in her teens and at a point in time the problem was so severe that she actually had to take medication for it. Trusted sources also say that she has not yet been able to say goodbye completely to the disease and even though she needs medication she is not able to take them because they interfere with her other medications. Coincidentally, “other medications” here refers to those she takes for her mental health issues.

We for sure don't want Britney to lose her star status and if a loud cheer from her fans makes her feel better, let this write-up represent that!

http://mywriteup.hubpages.com/hub/Britney-Spears-is-battling-attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder

Retromancer
07-07-12, 03:52 PM
["Bronx cheer"]

We for sure don't want Britney to lose her star status and if a loud cheer from her fans makes her feel better, let this write-up represent that!

Marspider
07-08-12, 08:37 AM
Eh? Are they talking about ADHD being cured? Poor Britney, I wish her the best of luck and I thought they said a few years ago, she had bipolar as well. I felt sorry for her when she was being hounded though at the beginning I lost sympathy for her for going out with someone whose girlfriend was still pregnant though he was a total user and douche. Why do I know this stuff? :scratch:

Trusted sources also say that she has not yet been able to say goodbye completely to the disease and even though she needs medication she is not able to take them because they interfere with her other medications.