View Full Version : cymbalta works but how do you deal with the fatigue

hollywood
06-06-12, 09:02 AM
If I take cymbalta my mind stops focusing on problems and all thats wrong and suddenly I don't feel my neck hurting or focus on if I feel tired or try and google all these stupid things. So it basically works for the issues I've been dealing with and thats awesome. So , this means I can actually focus on finding a new job instead of obsessing about the now if I can tolerate it . Yet , when I take it , I'm fine for a few hours and then I'm just out of it . Its not as bad as the rest of the terrible ssri's and it's better than effexor and my impulses are better controlled but then I can't get my motivation back and I cannot remember anything. Keep in ming this is the first week symtoms but still I have adhd and it took me hours to finish the easiest task yesterday so I didn't take it last night. What in the heck do I do about this? Is this the medicince wearing off or not being dosed high enough? Cymbalta dose I'm taking is only 10mg ? All the other ssri's make me feel really odd, will increasing the dose help my energy .... I'm really sick of this because I honestly dont know what I'm talking about nor do I make any sense when taking cymbalta which is worse than stupid worrying as being dumb and not understanding anything will make my life worse.

Electra2
06-06-12, 09:24 AM
Ive never heard of Symbalta :(

But Im gonna ;)

hollywood
06-06-12, 09:36 AM
yeah I've never heard of symbalta either. Now cymbalta , oh yeah heard of that.

Electra2
06-06-12, 09:57 AM
yeah I've never heard of symbalta either. Now cymbalta , oh yeah heard of that.
Cymbalta

hollywood
06-06-12, 10:14 AM
your on it now

G252013
06-06-12, 10:17 AM
1 less bead will do the trick

Amtram
06-06-12, 11:19 AM
Have you tried taking it at night instead of in the morning? I started doing that because my 90mg dose was upsetting my stomach, and found that the daytime fuzziness was noticeably decreased.

hollywood
06-06-12, 11:36 AM
I think thats what I will do . Yeah it stops the issue of worrying which is why I need it and that helps me think about " the now' . Honestly , I know that taking tiny doses alleviates small aspects of whats going on but I find 20 mg better and helps tremendously with thinking and feeling those patterns that I've developed , when I stop doing that I notice I feel less tired because just thinking about the presence of being tired makes you feel more tired than you really are. Thats all apart of the generalized anxiety and depression I assume. There is really no point in taking anything under 20 mg is there? That just helps a little and you notice side effects more because your off a little and it's not addressing whats wrong. I guess it makes sense for me to take 20mg then . I have noticed on larger doses that I don't really feel half as bad it just seems like I'm okay in the mornings and then tired in the afternoons , I wonder if that is an idicator that I need more ? Yeah its blocking part of my thoughts and personality but those are the same parts of my brain that are causing the worry and constant scattered thinking. I've noticed my adhd gets better ... alot better when I'm not constant thinking of what is this and what is that. Its then that I actually say oh... nothing to worry about, hmm.. why am I sitting here doing nothing and I realize I've been looking for what is wrong and then I laugh and say I guess I will shoot my resume over to 200 companies.. I guess thats a depression that I have been having.

Electra2
06-06-12, 04:21 PM
I have noticed some stuff while on Effexor.
It slowed my thoughts down and I felt calmer and more slow,
(but still more angry,bad side effect)
but my relative said I appeared to react quicker (!)
Exept for my moodchange for the better on effexor,
I felt more or less the same on any antidepressivs.
(But all the others gave me nightmares or exiting dreams exept from Effexor.
However Effexor had terrible side effects if I forgot even one pill )
Ritaline helps me with AD/HD problems the most.
No other meds can compare to me.

hollywood
06-07-12, 09:53 AM
yeah I kind of agree. I dont like taking it and I become alot more impulsive at night if I take it during the day. Basically it's not good for me . I can take wellbutrin and that seems to stop me from searching and getting off track due to boredom at work and puts my drive back in place. I will admit , I don't like wellbutrin at all and I feel as though I'm better spoken without it . Yet it helps my impusivity immensely and I seem to be more goal oriented on it. I will just continue with wellbutrin and drop it if I feel it backs me up too much. I feel wellbutrin with my stims sometimes decreases the peak effect which I need and at night when wellbutrin comes down its more difficult to sustain attention with stims with wellbutrin rebounding. Anyways it works well and it's the best adjunct . Actually nuvigil with both stim and wellbutrin is probably the kicker. I'll keep it to adhd meds and a novel antidepressant which happens to be a amphetamine when broken down.

Electra2
06-07-12, 09:31 PM
I dont think we have those meds around this hood but I hope it will work out for you with that combo.
Yes,strangly enough ritalin has a calming effect on me even tho its a stimulant.:scratch:

hollywood
06-08-12, 08:59 AM
what hood?

mosostow
06-17-12, 08:57 AM
I've been on Cymbalta for several months now and it works very well. I was going to write a whole post on it but still haven't got around to it.

I had terrible fatigue the first two months but that's completely gone now. In fact, all the side effects are pretty much gone (or almost completely subsided).

Patience is the only way with this med.

Maybe do a George Costanza and build a little nest under the desk in the office for some sneaky naps :)