View Full Version : Deja vu anyone have that?

theloner
06-07-12, 07:21 PM
I've had this my entire life, it's not a daily or monthly happening but its there, a weird feeling that goes thru you, the experience is you already had this future happening it's usually a place for me, at times its just an occurence that happens. I don't mind it happening I just let it flow thru, I'm not scared because I already know of the outcome

My sister really had this alot when she was about 11, she somehow blocked it out.

I checked wiki, no, its not all the conditions they are saying, my niece has this also, none have ADHD or depression or illness stated on Wiki

Of course some don't understand this, only those who have experienced will, I guess it may be a bit scary for some.

silivrentoliel
06-07-12, 07:50 PM
It's a glitch in the Matrix.

Sorry, lol, DH and my best friend have deja vu quite a bit, and I say the same to them... I don't get it though, but I get very strong "gut" feelings and premonitions about things- oddly enough I'm normally spot on.

hanikamiya
06-08-12, 12:21 PM
I used to get them a lot when I had depression+generalized anxiety+eating disorder caused mainly by hypothyreodism. I kind of explained it to myself that under stress, axons can be demyelinated and lack of myelin (insulation) can mess up the signal between neurons, which may lead to glitches like déjà vues. When my health deteriorated, I also experienced depersonalization, which was almost like getting stuck in a movie, only that it was supposed to be my life. They got a bit better when I made sure to get enough essential fatty acids and reduce the stress I put myself under, and they almost completely vanished since my hypothyreodism was diagnosed and I started treatment. Which is nice, because knowing I was in a real situation but having it feel unreal, known or predestined made me feel very helpless.

anonymouslyadd
06-08-12, 12:24 PM
Yes..

stef
06-08-12, 12:48 PM
[quote=silivrentoliel;1314953]It's a glitch in the Matrix.
quote]

how strange, we just watched that again Monday night! I thought that scene was poignant.
I don't think I've had déjà vu but I can always tell that I will live in a certan place.
(no idea how to explain this...)

spunkysmum
06-08-12, 02:10 PM
I think a lot of people get that.

The daytime dream flashbacks are what I'd like to get to the bottom of. I've had them since I was little girl and nobody has ever been able to explain them to me.

Drewbacca
06-08-12, 10:33 PM
I have deja vu almost everyday at this forum when I see the same questions asked about Adderall. LOL

silivrentoliel
06-09-12, 11:33 AM
I almost wish I had deja vu... I'd prefer that to premonitions.

TygerSan
06-10-12, 09:52 PM
I get it a lot when I'm very tired. . . I don't *think* I'm having seizures (which can also cause this), but I do think it's kinda a glitch in the brain. . . It's really frickin eerie when it happens.

Chicchick
07-15-12, 06:04 PM
yes. At times, depending on the severity of it in the moment, it can be terrifying. My doctor told me it's part of my anxiety/panic disorder.. but it feels so real, it's disturbing. I know for some people it's mild, but be careful of triggers. I only did drugs once in my life, it was the most horrifying experience ever. Went through this severe disassociated "deja vu" psychosis for days. It triggered my panic disorder in the first place. Careful, one bad trigger and things can deteriorate.

theloner
07-19-12, 10:05 PM
I have deja vu almost everyday at this forum when I see the same questions asked about Adderall. LOL

:lol: i hear ya

theloner
10-02-12, 02:43 AM
I thought I'd bump this up:) as this happens to me about 4-5 times a year.

I can be in an entirely new place and experience that I know or somehow know where to go in this new place, or the person there or what they are going say before it happens, the feeling is like a weird pass through you sensation, believe me, if you know what I mean you have experienced this, some when very young are afraid of this and block this out because of fear of not knowing what it is, a relative of mine had this at age 7 by age 10 it was gone because they were afraid of it.

Rather you need to let it pass through rather than have the fear or you lose the feeling

"Déjà Vu" is a common intuitive experience that has happened to many of us. The expression is derived from the French, meaning "already seen." When it occurs, it seems to spark our memory of a place we have already been, a person we have already seen, or an act we have already done. It is a signal to pay special attention to what is taking place, perhaps to receive a specific lesson in a certain area or complete what is not yet finished.

rickymooston
10-02-12, 03:49 AM
Yes, sometimes :D

amberwillow
10-02-12, 03:50 AM
I have premonitions more often than deja vu... I sometimes dream true dreams also. I tell people about them, and later they happen.

My dad's family have stories of Second Sight going waaay back.

Drewbacca
10-02-12, 05:10 AM
There was a cool article in Psychology Today (http://www.psychologytoday.com/print/98302) that discussed this a little. h/t anafutura.

Chances are, at some point in your life, you've felt someone staring at you. Maybe you were at the grocery store. Maybe walking along the sidewalk. Maybe sitting on a bus. And sure enough, when you turned your head to look, the suspect's eyes met yours.

You just had an anomalous experience.

The job of the conscious mind is to form a story out of all our sensations and reflections. Life as we experience it is not just a series of unconnected thoughts and events; it's a coherent narrative unfolding in an orderly universe. But sometimes we have experiences that don't fit our expectations and may even contradict what science has taught us is possible. In our attempts to accommodate such outlier phenomena, we often turn to unproven forces or entities. We start to believe in the paranormal.

Anomalous experience of this sort ranges from sensing a strange vibe in a room to feeling outside your own body. We often explain such experiences using concepts related to spirits, luck, witchcraft, psychic powers, life energy, or more terrestrial (and extraterrestrial) entities. Such explanations are often more appealing, or at least more intuitive, than blaming an odd experience on a trick of the mind.

One of the most common anomalous experiences is the sense of being stared at. When you see someone gazing directly at you, emotions become activated—it can be exciting or comforting or creepy—and this visceral charge can give the impression that gazes transfer energy. Further, if you feel uncomfortable and check to see whether someone is looking at you, your movement may draw attention—confirming your suspicions.

Another common experience is déjà vu, a phenomenon two in three people report. Most of us shrug it off as a mental hiccup. Indeed, researchers propose it's a sense of familiarity without a recollection of why something is familiar, or perhaps a timing issue in the brain where thoughts are experienced twice because of a slight wiring delay, lending the second occurrence an odd sensation of repetition. But some people believe it's a glimpse into a past life.

While anomalous experiences may be associated with stressful circumstances, personal pathologies, or cognitive deficits, the experiences themselves may not always be so bad, and may actually be healthy inventions. They're just our attempts to make sense of a weird situation. After all, there's nothing the mind likes better than a good story.

danelady
10-02-12, 08:09 AM
Hmmm,interesting. I never thought things out and and dissected things like all you eddicated people do! :rolleyes:

I find the more scientific answer to deja vu more comforting than thinking I am really in an artificial uterus being milked for my energy by a bunch of machines!

I get deja vu now and then. Another thing I have done a lot,but not as much as when I was younger is going back to the same dream I've had before. I'll find myself in the same scenario,usually pretty weird but not always...and while I'm in the dream I remember having been in this place once before in another dream.

Is this dream deja vu?

Fuzzy12
10-02-12, 08:23 AM
strangely never except in my dreams. In my dreams i often get the sensation that events have occured already or when I'm aware that I'm dreaming that I've had this dream previously. It's quite a strong and strangely unsettling feeling.

In real life i usually have the opposite experience. Places, events or people that should be familiar to me look completely new and different. Probably because i didn't pay attention the previous time or forgot everything about it again.

TygerSan
10-02-12, 03:44 PM
In real life i usually have the opposite experience. Places, events or people that should be familiar to me look completely new and different. Probably because i didn't pay attention the previous time or forgot everything about it again.

There's actually a name for that phenomenon as well. Having something appear completely strange even though it should be familiar is called jamais vu . . .

It, like deja vu, can be the result of a temporal lobe seizure. . .

Have you ever been working on an essay and suddenly end up staring at a simple word like "stare", and suddenly you're not sure if it's a word or not (or it just looks "funny" like it's not spelled right). . . there was a researcher who had volunteers write the word "door" over and over again for a minute. . . afterwards over half of them expressed doubt as to whether "door" was an actual word. . .

Bethylphenidate
10-02-12, 07:19 PM
Yes. Just had it a few hours ago actually. :)

rickymooston
10-03-12, 11:38 PM
jamais vu lol!!! that is the story of a lot of things adhd. couldnt remeber
where i put my wedding ring? i have to think of myself as another
person anr guess where i put it. when find it, its all still a total
blank

nanners
10-04-12, 12:39 AM
This happens so commonly to me that I don't even think much about it anymore.
I also cannot see things that are right in front of my face, on the daily.
Therefore when experiencing deja vu I probably subconsciously assume that I must have "been there, done that" before, and forgot. :D

dresser
01-11-13, 01:03 AM
when I envision the size of my univers and all thats in and realize that it can all fit in my mind with room to spare considering the two If we'll ever comprehend the brain/mind I believe my brain works ontha out side of me kinda sendin an recieving and that gose on at a higher level an some times a door is left open just a little bit I know with horses nd dog word do not have to be used the non believers ,sckeptic or who ever the one with all the education have to say some thing to justify the education(university) an maby all that required is an open mind aand let the mind come to you insted of you ,me, us tryin to figure the mind. good night sweet dreams

Randyb68506
01-13-13, 05:17 PM
I used to get t all of the time. As a kid it was like I was reliving moments all of the time and know what was going to happen. It was really freaky It'd be more like a dream and then I would relive it in real life. I never told anyone cause I thought I'd be concise red a freak or no one would believe me anyway. I was around 15 when they tapered off. It's nice to see I'm not alone in this

clairethecat
02-09-13, 03:01 AM
I get it when my forget my thyroid medication for awhile. It actually serves as a reminder that I must have forgotten it for several days in a row :)

sarahsweets
02-09-13, 08:06 AM
I have these feelings sometimes...makes me feel like a complete lunatic.

eats_mice
03-26-13, 12:48 PM
I have my theories about Deja Vu. Mostly, I think it's when either

a) When a person acquires memories of an event before they experience it
b) When your brain stores information slightly before interpreting it.

I also believe in prophetic dreams, as I have had some myself.

a) Now then, as far as Deju Vu goes, if a is true, this means that time itself is an illusion. Space-Time is often classified as the 4th Dimension. This means that time is like a line, and we are only experiencing it one frame at a time. In other words, everything that we will experience has already happened, but we just haven't experienced it yet.

b) A little bit tricky to explain, but I don't think this is the most accurate explanation, as I have had deja vu which lasted at least a full minute. This would have been too much information to process and store before I would consciously notice it.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts. Any other theoretical physics people out there?

someothertime
03-26-13, 12:57 PM
What's that movie where the guy jumps through doors?

Maybe it's been tampered with, you know, rewound and planted or something, so the deja, is your brain replaying the "tape join" before it happens.

(((( Plays twilight zone music ))))

Tyler Durden
03-26-13, 12:59 PM
Haven't we had this thread before?

Twiggy
03-26-13, 01:12 PM
I used to get Deja Vu's constantly to the point of getting panic attacks (this was when I used to smoke weed..I'd always freak out).
I don't get Deja Vu's anymore nor panic attacks, since I stopped smoking weed 2 years ago (it wasn't even enjoyable).