View Full Version : Schedule II Drugs: Electronic Prescriptions Available(?)

m.pilar
06-13-12, 07:06 PM
This is supposed news, I guess. Forgive me if this thread needs to be moved.

My psychiatrist left for vacation Friday. He told me that Walgreens and Rite Aid are now able to fill electronic prescriptions for Schedule II substances. He went on to say that he had already done so for several patients. They were successful - according to him.

Walgreens says they can't do that. They're 'absolutely certain.'

Of course the colleague who will be 'checking voicemails' hasn't returned my call from Monday or today, either.

Anyway - what's up? My google-fu is failing. In Massachusetts, for what it's worth.

silivrentoliel
06-13-12, 07:30 PM
um... I haven't heard that. I get scripts that are printed off the computer and signed, not handwritten, but not electronic ones... I was unaware they were allowed...

can you not get someone in his office to write you a script while he's out of town? (or do you not need it right now?) I'd call a few times a day til I got an answer from someone at the office... but then again, I'm a massive pain in the *** when I'm being ignored.... lol

m.pilar
06-13-12, 07:35 PM
but then again, I'm a massive pain in the *** when I'm being ignored.... lol

Hahaha, me too, until I forget/get distracted.

In the past I've had printed and signed too. He was so sure of this, it's obnoxious to find out that it's likely untrue. He has a private practice but inconsistently implements bells and whistles like his website with messaging he doesn't reply to, or an answering service he doesn't check in with.

Time for a new one..

AddYourAll
06-13-12, 07:46 PM
I heard that it's in the works, but hasn't been implemented ,yet..