View Full Version : I don't even know where to post this... Holy ****

Dmitri
06-14-12, 04:49 PM
Okay so the most messed up thing happened and I have no idea how to explain it...

You know how like when you're consciously laying down for an extended period of time- like an hour or more- and then you get up too fast and you get this weird fuzzy feeling in your head and you start seeing black and you sorta wanna faint? Well I experience this ALL THE TIME. I have my whole life. Maybe it's worse for me because of medical reasons, I'm no doctor so I don't know.

Anyways... since being prescribed ADD meds, whenever I experience "The Black Buzz" as I like to call it, it is MUCH more intense. Like I've actually collapsed during the black buzz, even gone on short, DMT like trips, it like bends reality.

A few months back- premedication- I talked to my doctor about the black buzz, and she says it's just from getting up too fast. She was right, that is definitely the cause, but I don't think she understands how bad it is for me.

Anyways, about 10 minutes ago, I was laying down on my couch or something, and I got up without thinking to get some water or something. As soon as the black buzz hit me I thought to myself "oh **** not again, why didn't I see this coming!" (if I get up expecting the black buzz it doesn't come)

The buzz was short, but harder than I had ever experienced.

My head buzzed like crazy, my vision was intense black swirrels, if I wasn't near my little brothers and cousons, I would have just decided to pass out on the wooden floor. but they didn't know about my problem, and I didnt feel like exposing them. The black buzz "trip" lasted only 10 seconds. It wasn't bad, even slightly enjoyable, but the aftershock hit me hard.

Anyways, I stumbled up to my bedroom and laid on my bed and realized- I had amnesia. After a few moments I could recall weird, random things. Strangely, one of the first things I remembered is this site. So I stumbled over to my vibrant and logged into this site, now here I am.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?

I am beginning to recall bits and pieces of who I am, who my family is, friends, etc. but that black buzz rocked my world. I'm completely dissociated, I just remembered I have dyslexia and boy it's hitting me so hard it's euphoric. Really, it's euphoric.

Someone PLEASE explain what's wrong with me?!?!

Blueranne
06-14-12, 04:58 PM
Call your doctor.

Fraser_0762
06-14-12, 05:04 PM
This is caused by a sudden reduction of blood in the brain. When you're lying down for an extended period of time, blood gradually flows to the head, but if you get up to quickly, the blood can exit the brain a little too quickly, causing an intense feeling of dizzyness. It can also cause a buzzing effect in your ears.

Its nothing to worry about. Stimulants speed up the flow of blood through the vains, making the feeling more intense.

I would suggest keeping yourself well hydrated and not getting up too quickly if you can help it.

But its certainly not something to be alarmed about.

Dmitri
06-14-12, 05:14 PM
This is caused by a sudden reduction of blood in the brain. When you're lying down for an extended period of time, blood gradually flows to the head, but if you get up to quickly, the blood can exit the brain a little too quickly, causing an intense feeling of dizzyness. It can also cause a buzzing effect in your ears.

Its nothing to worry about. Stimulants speed up the flow of blood through the vains, making the feeling more intense.

I would suggest keeping yourself well hydrated and not getting up too quickly if you can help it.

But its certainly not something to be alarmed about.

That helps but doesn't explain the euphoria, memory loss, and losing touch of reality. Does that go along with it? Did I suffer brain damage?

ana futura
06-14-12, 05:20 PM
That helps but doesn't explain the euphoria, memory loss, and losing touch of reality. Does that go along with it? Did I suffer brain damage?

I experience what Fraser describes on occasion, usually from getting up too fast or being dehydrated. ADHD meds do make it happen much more often, I think because they are so dehydrating.

Once I had it in the extreme- in the morning after a night of drinking. I actually went blind for a moment, completely lost touch with reality, and experienced memory loss like you describe. It had been hours since I had anything to drink, and I was not drunk at the time, but I was extremely dehydrated.

Fraser_0762
06-14-12, 05:21 PM

Sorry, I didn't read the first post of this thread all the way through, I had only read the post from the other thread with the duplicate title.

If you are experiencing black outs, then I would certainly get that checked out as soon as possible.

It's highly unlikely that you have suffered any level of brain damage, unless you have physically injured it due to a serious accident.

It's possible that you are experiencing rare side effects from the medication that you are on and should seek medical advice as soon as you can.

Fraser_0762
06-14-12, 05:25 PM
I experience what Fraser describes on occasion, usually from getting up too fast or being dehydrated. ADHD meds do make it happen much more often, I think because they are so dehydrating.

Once I had it in the extreme- in the morning after a night of drinking. I actually went blind for a moment, completely lost touch with reality, and experienced memory loss like you describe. It had been hours since I had anything to drink, and I was not drunk at the time, but I was extremely dehydrated.

I recall waking up once after a night out and I experienced this blind thing also. I remember just lying there panicing in my mind, I couldn't tell if I had gone blind or if I just couldn't open my eyes. I managed to get out of my bed and stand up, then my sight was either restored, or I managed to jolt my body enough to allow me to open my eyes. I couldn't recall how much time had passed between waking up and being able to open my eyes. It "felt" like a very long time, but may have actually have just been a few minutes.

ana futura
06-14-12, 05:32 PM
I recall waking up once after a night out and I experienced this blind thing also. I remember just lying there panicing in my mind, I couldn't tell if I had gone blind or if I just couldn't open my eyes. I managed to get out of my bed and stand up, then my sight was either restored, or I managed to jolt my body enough to allow me to open my eyes. I couldn't recall how much time had passed between waking up and being able to open my eyes. It "felt" like a very long time, but may have actually have just been a few minutes.

I thought I had gone blind as well! One of the scariest things I have ever experienced. I cut way back on my drinking after that. I think it happens only in cases of extreme dehydration.

As far as what the OP's experiencing, it almost sounds like he's having some sort of seizure. Whatever's going on, something's not right.

Dmitri
06-14-12, 05:44 PM
I thought I had gone blind as well! One of the scariest things I have ever experienced. I cut way back on my drinking after that. I think it happens only in cases of extreme dehydration.

As far as what the OP's experiencing, it almost sounds like he's having some sort of seizure. Whatever's going on, something's not right.

That's funny you mentioned that because my friend Brendan has similar encounters with the black buzz, and he described experiencing a scenario almost identical to mine, only he was drinking with friends and once the buzz started he collapsed on my other friend Jake's bedroom floor, I wasn't there and Brendan hardly remembers but the way Jake described it he was spazzing out and shaking like a straight up seizure and Jake had to slap him in the face multiple times (Jake's 6'1, bulky, and hits HARD) to snap him out of it. Maybe it was like, a seizure-ish state induced by the black buzz? It was creepy because we all go way back and we had an epileptic friend named Brandon who shot himself in the 7th grade, so like it would have been some sick twisted fate for Brendan to die from a seizure.

Dmitri
06-14-12, 05:49 PM
My memory's coming back, the past week is really shaky, but I can remember my childhood and who I am and stuff

Blueranne
06-14-12, 05:54 PM
At least you remember how to post on forums!

I still say call your doc. :cool:

Dmitri
06-14-12, 05:56 PM
At least you remember how to post on forums!

I still say call your doc. :cool:

Lol funny thing is, even at first when I didn't remember who our president is, I still remembered thos site rofl

Dmitri
06-14-12, 06:42 PM
come to think of it, I only drank a protein shake and cup of water this morning, nothing else

ana futura
06-14-12, 07:24 PM
come to think of it, I only drank a protein shake and cup of water this morning, nothing else

While it's not proof that there's nothing else wrong with you, dehydration and low blood sugar will only make things worse. Dehydration + low blood sugar + stimulant medication can be a very bad combo. Be sure you're eating and drinking enough. It's important to all the time, but even more so on meds.

Twiggy
06-14-12, 07:28 PM
I get the "Black Buzz" sometimes too and know exactly what you're talking about.

My doctor said to get more exercise, which is very important for blood circulation and to eat more protein rich foods (not just protein shakes). Eat something that will keep your body going for a longer time.

Spacemaster
06-14-12, 08:41 PM
I sometimes get that when I'm already standing up, simply by putting my arms over my head and stretching.

Fortune
06-14-12, 09:04 PM
The buzz sounds like orthostatic hypotension. Fraser described what that is. It can be fairly serious or as with most of us, relatively benign. Some people black out entirely because of it.

What little I've been able to find indicates that it can happen with short-term memory loss if alcohol or marijuana is involved, which seems consistent with anecdotes in this thread.

Dmitri
06-14-12, 10:24 PM
The buzz sounds like orthostatic hypotension. Fraser described what that is. It can be fairly serious or as with most of us, relatively benign. Some people black out entirely because of it.

What little I've been able to find indicates that it can happen with short-term memory loss if alcohol or marijuana is involved, which seems consistent with anecdotes in this thread.

But funny thing is, I hadn't ingested any sort of chemical other than my prescribed doses of prozac and vyvanse, so why was it so crazy for me?

Fortune
06-15-12, 12:03 AM
I am simply reporting what I can find. If you want information that can help you, I would suggest speaking to your primary care physician about this. Like I said, I found very little information on short-term memory loss and orthostatic hypotension.

Dmitri
06-15-12, 12:15 AM
Hm... This is all strange as hell. Maybe I should just sleep it off and forget it