View Full Version : Like most good things...

LeashedFreak
11-23-04, 10:25 AM
Like most events of my life my 2 year relationship diminished to a splinder and then caught fire. After 2 wonderful years my girlfriend cheated on me and left me for the other person.
Trouble is, that other person also had a girlfriend and I had told his girlfriend what had happened, this guy won't tell her anything tells me "Tell her it's over between us." so I end up being the messenger for break-up cuz this guy can't own up to it.
So me and this other girl talk all night about this, I'm trying to comfort her and such. Well we've been talking for about 3 weeks now and it's just amazing how alike we are. So I guess what I'm tryina say is I don't really know if I should ask her out due to the circumstances, I plan on giving it a lot more time before I do anything of the sort but...well if anyones ever been in a position such as this, they understand.

pembroke
11-23-04, 10:33 AM
What a chicken s*** that other guy is! Unbelieveable. Although I haven't been in a situation like yours, all the advice I have ever read points to taking a break between relationships, because you need time to sort out the residual feelings and such. Usually these are called rebound relationships. But, ya never know....Good luck.

LeashedFreak
11-29-04, 10:35 AM
Yep, Updates on this whole story, the girl and I still talk but have yet to make any moves toward any more than a friendship which is undoubtably great. The other guy is in the hospital currently (I swear, I didn't do it) family problems from what I know.(been there, done that) My ex, is continually unhappy, and has gone back to cutting her wrists and many other "wonderful" things. I try to keep in-touch with her, stay friends y'know, since I seem to be able to calm her down the fastest (which still at times takes over an hour).
Another thing that can go in this story is that, there is a girl who had liked me even before I went out with the girl who ended up cheating on me. So naturally, as she (the girl who liked me) had remained a friend throughout the relationship, I sought her help and comfort since I had no one to turn to. Well we had been talking as well and she wanted to come see me and we were close to being coupled, but at last moment she "shacked up" in the worst way with another guy. (who hits her, and is a complete ****)
Top that off with the girl I like engaging in sexual intercourse in my room, on my bed with my best friend, with me in the house. It just makes for a really crappy run of things.

Toby
11-30-04, 02:27 PM
You have my utmost sympathy.

These complicated situations can hurt like nothing else

*hugs*

cameron
11-30-04, 02:51 PM
leashed Freak,

my advice would be to see someone who specializes in relationships..or get on line and read some books on how to deal with breakups, or what to do in trying/emotional situations...you need to focus on yourself, and QUIT WORRYING ABOUT WOMEN!! you might think that this girl is perfect for you..but I seriously doubt that is the case..you are BOTH emotional basket cases right now...its a rather obvious...sorry to be harsh, but I have been through the same stuff a few times in my life(never married, mid 30s and have done a LOT of dating/girlfriends, I'm ADD remember..:))

Forget about women for a while..have fun, be with friends,etc.....if you feel the need(you know what I'm talking about) there are ways to get your needs met rater easily(assuming you are a fairly atttractive, outgoing type of guy) bars, clubs, grocery stores, you get my drift....

cameron
11-30-04, 02:55 PM
didn't read that last message until I wrote the one above...well, sounds like you have a LOT of stuff going on...UPDATED advice; Start practicing Buddhism.

LeashedFreak
12-01-04, 10:32 AM
leashed Freak,

my advice would be to see someone who specializes in relationships..or get on line and read some books on how to deal with breakups, or what to do in trying/emotional situations...you need to focus on yourself, and QUIT WORRYING ABOUT WOMEN!! you might think that this girl is perfect for you..but I seriously doubt that is the case..you are BOTH emotional basket cases right now...its a rather obvious...sorry to be harsh, but I have been through the same stuff a few times in my life(never married, mid 30s and have done a LOT of dating/girlfriends, I'm ADD remember..:))

Forget about women for a while..have fun, be with friends,etc.....if you feel the need(you know what I'm talking about) there are ways to get your needs met rater easily(assuming you are a fairly atttractive, outgoing type of guy) bars, clubs, grocery stores, you get my drift....
Well I wouldn't say I'm an attractive fellow either, I've gone to the clubs and everything but it continues to be more depressing than fun. My buddy gets all the girls no matter where we go, and we go almost everywhere and such. I end up waiting for him to "come back" so that I can leave. (bcuz he cant drive)