View Full Version : Come One Come All Mardi Gras is Almost Here!

Draga
11-23-04, 05:44 PM
http://www.mardigras.com/

If any of ya'll wanna come to party harty for mardi gras 2005 ....Here all ya need to know up there so start plannin to wild!!! Hope to see some of ya.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waywardclam
11-24-04, 04:32 AM
The stuff I'd like to do at Mardi Gras can't be discussed in this forum... :D

Draga
11-24-04, 07:57 AM
LOL then talk about it here, in New Orleans, ya goof:p ....I just knew ya couldn't resist, Clam xoxoxo

broK
11-24-04, 04:37 PM
(whimper whimper) both times i went to yr neck o the woods i was either too early or tooo late (whine sniffle)
cant make it this year either (boo-hooo sniff)
but i gotta plan it for next year maybe (WHAAAAA!!!)
could yall save me a spot, somewhere, anywhere???
:D

Garry
11-24-04, 05:08 PM
This is scary

I remeber you telling us last year that Mardi Gras was coming

and another year bites the dust

Garry
11-24-04, 05:15 PM
What are these bead there talking about at Mardi Gras

How Do you get them ?????

What do you do with them ????

Why would you want them ???

Draga
11-30-04, 08:15 AM
What are these bead there talking about at Mardi Gras ??? A pictures worth a thou words :p

How Do you get them ????????

[COLOR=Magenta]err heh..depends on what street you are on Dawlin *blushes* & I am serious too. There are the family oriented parades...and all ya gotta do is play catch and well on the other side of the equation is the more adult oriented

What do you do with them ???

Observe the Picture of the woman in de mask:p

Why would you want them ???

"Quote from NOLA it's self says....Somewhere, someone is doing a doctoral thesis on why people go crazy at the sight of a string of beads. While some may sniff that this is a tourist phenomenon, we know better. From the flashers on Bourbon Street to the kids on Mardi Gras ladders to tuxedo-clad locals at the Endymion Ball, everyone goes crazy for beads.

Garry...I can explain till I am blue in the face...Look at the pics fer yourself.....It's all about having Fun, We can't stop and analize why it is Party Harty and this and that..It cuts into fun time :D

Draga
11-30-04, 06:12 PM
Believe it or not these were taken on Bourbon St:eek:

aneededchange
11-30-04, 06:13 PM
*looks around*
*is confused as per the norm*

Don't ask. lol

Draga
11-30-04, 06:15 PM
Ack!!!! Dont say Norm!!!! That a cursed word LOL!

aneededchange
11-30-04, 06:16 PM
*slaps her own hand*

Sawweee dwagon Lady.

Draga
11-30-04, 06:17 PM
Hehehe It's OK ....Mardi Gras is a break from the Norm, Kinda what me loves about it.

aneededchange
11-30-04, 06:23 PM
Breaking from the norm is gooooooooooooood.

Draga
11-30-04, 06:29 PM
:D that what so gooooood about ADD :D

pembroke
12-01-04, 02:01 AM
I have tons of beads like that. Just caught 'em when the boat parade went by in August.

Honest! Didn't have to flash anything for 'em....:D

Draga
12-01-04, 05:23 AM
LOL that one of the many misconceptions about Mardi Gras.....People think you have to flash.......At most Paraded Honestly U would get arrested ....the only place that allowed is One St. at night where children are not around and hey, even if you are on that one special St @ night.......If ya dont wanna.....dont haveta plain and simple :)

Kimalimah
12-01-04, 05:30 AM
Hey, Melly, here we call it Karnival! It started on 11.11 at 11:11 a.m. ! The people here in Cologne will party til they drop! Parades, costumes, candy flying, drinking, carousing! Maybe you should come here some year!

Kim

Draga
12-01-04, 05:34 AM
It called Karnival here too...but mostly referred to as Mardi Gras......

Would be awesome to go there........Do ya'll have other Parades through the month or weeks leading up 2 it?

Kimalimah
12-01-04, 06:18 AM
The big party starts on "Weiberfastnacht" (Thurs.) Women run around cutting off the ties of men and the whole city center is one giant free-for-all. Then the whole weekend is one parade after another! Every little town has one and the one in Cologne is so enormous that the start of the parade is finished for hours before the last one gets under way! Last parades are on "Fasching Dienstag" (Tues).

Sound familiar?

Kim

pembroke
12-01-04, 12:55 PM
The big party starts on "Weiberfastnacht" (Thurs.) Women run around cutting off the ties of men and the whole city center is one giant free-for-all. Then the whole weekend is one parade after another! Every little town has one and the one in Cologne is so enormous that the start of the parade is finished for hours before the last one gets under way! Last parades are on "Fasching Dienstag" (Tues).

Sound familiar?

Kim
Wah! You're making me homesick - I grew up in Munich (army brat). LOVED Fasching.....oh well, maybe when I retire I can move back for a while.

Draga
12-01-04, 05:18 PM
:( I thought u were moving to Nawlins

Women running around cutting off...Just the ties? :eek: *down evil thoughts!*

Seriously sound close, Kim:) Shweeeet!

pembroke
12-02-04, 12:49 AM
to nawlins to visit. i don't think i could live there. too hot and muggy.... but nice to visit - in an air-conditioned hotel room, hitting the air-conditioned clubs on bourbn street.....:p

Draga
12-02-04, 05:31 AM
Yeah but they made this awesome invention called central air....it keeps houses, offices, cars cool so heat dont make a diff:p

pembroke
12-02-04, 12:47 PM
yes, i know that -- but i cannot stand being indoors all the time, esp. in the summer. in Germany, in the summer, even at noon the beer gardens are a wonderful place to be.
but nawlins during carnival is just as awesome....

Trooper Keith
12-02-04, 12:51 PM
I would join you for Carnival, but I have one question: is there any fun to be had by a sober person? I don't drink, nor would I, so is it worth my coming? Part of me wants to go just so I can say "yeah I was at Mardi Gras," but the other part makes me wonder if I'd be an odd man out.

Actually, I really enjoy watching people who are drunk out of their minds when I'm sober, I'm just wondering if there will be enough to keep me entertained if I don't drink.

If you answer yes, I will start making arrangements to go to New Orleans.

Actually, I just had a thought, we should get an ADHD Krewe together, and terrorize the town, LOL. I can designated drive, and I'm first aid qualified for when most of us kill ourselves. *ideas coming together in head...OH NO!*

Draga
12-02-04, 01:03 PM
yes, i know that -- but i cannot stand being indoors all the time, esp. in the summer. in Germany, in the summer, even at noon the beer gardens are a wonderful place to be.
but nawlins during carnival is just as awesome....

LOL U know i am kiddin Babay :p Hugsssss

pembroke
12-02-04, 01:05 PM
but of course, drágám

Draga
12-02-04, 01:11 PM
I would join you for Carnival, but I have one question: is there any fun to be had by a sober person? I don't drink, nor would I, so is it worth my coming? Part of me wants to go just so I can say "yeah I was at Mardi Gras," but the other part makes me wonder if I'd be an odd man out.

Actually, I really enjoy watching people who are drunk out of their minds when I'm sober, I'm just wondering if there will be enough to keep me entertained if I don't drink.

If you answer yes, I will start making arrangements to go to New Orleans.

Actually, I just had a thought, we should get an ADHD Krewe together, and terrorize the town, LOL. I can designated drive, and I'm first aid qualified for when most of us kill ourselves. *ideas coming together in head...OH NO!*

Keith, Dawlin, you can answer that yourself......Can you have fun without getting drunk......It's not about getting drunk and flashing...it's catching beads...and what ever they throw at ya, Ya keep em for souvenirs, you listen to awesome music.....chow down on the best food in de world.....there are thousands of things to do and see.

Just see for yerself......http://www.nola.com/mardigras/galleries/

so answering your question....Yes!